thursday discontinuously contemplating continua

2»

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Ferkin jab jebber is on a go slow, appointment was 45 mins ago and I’m still waiting to get into the building, I blame pinno

Can't you blame Wiggle?
    i'm still blaming Pinno
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Ferkin jab jebber is on a go slow, appointment was 45 mins ago and I’m still waiting to get into the building, I blame pinno

Can't you blame Wiggle?
    I could, but I don’t
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Pinno is the new Wiggle.
    I think I'm in the doghouse even though we don't have a dog. Got home from the pub and the back door was double locked with a key left on the inside. Went to the front door and the same. So I had to knock. Well it's not my fault both doors were locked so I couldn't get in. Maybe I should have slept with the garage MF
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Pinno is the new Wiggle.
    I think I'm in the doghouse even though we don't have a dog. Got home from the pub and the back door was double locked with a key left on the inside. Went to the front door and the same. So I had to knock. Well it's not my fault both doors were locked so I couldn't get in. Maybe I should have slept with the garage MF

Both doors double locked!? Was pub trip not sanctioned V?

Is Pinno giving out free Haribo? It’s the least he can do after all the trouble he caused yesterday.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    edited June 2021
    seanoconn said:

Pinno is the new Wiggle.

Is Pinno giving out free Haribo? It’s the least he can do after all the trouble he caused yesterday.
    No. I'm making an executive decision to look after all your teeth, therefore, I have decided that as a responsible receiver of blame and taking full responsibility for the social, economic and mental well being of my clients, I shall be sending out free potatoes.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    seanoconn said:

Pinno is the new Wiggle.

Pub trip was fully sanctioned, EPO tired and absent minded when she went to bed. All is well and I'm not homeless, at least not yet.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

seanoconn said:

Pinno is the new Wiggle.

Pub trip was fully sanctioned, EPO tired and absent minded when she went to bed. All is well and I'm not homeless, at least not yet.
    You would do well to heed these signs.
    There is something you have done (or she thinks you have done) and you are paying for it, now and in the future.

These things do not happen by accident.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • veronese68
    elbowloh said:

seanoconn said:

Pinno is the new Wiggle.

You would do well to heed these signs.
    There is something you have done (or she thinks you have done) and you are paying for it, now and in the future.

These things do not happen by accident.
    It's fine, I'm the perfect husband. Or so I keep telling her :D
  • MattFalle
    So you went out and your wife locked the garage MF in with her and it was all "an accident".....

oh yeah, rightio....
  • pinno
    "Woss that racket darlink?"
    "Oh it's those Oxo people chavs kicking off again innit"
    "I'm going to call the environmental one day, just you watch"
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    pinno said:

Better to call the police and say there's a burglary in progress
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    elbowloh said:

pinno said:

More chance of the environmental people coming around
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

elbowloh said:

pinno said:

Yep and if you thought Elf n safety are bad, just have a visit from environmental health.

Short EH cnut turned up at the yard one day and said "...the neighbours tell me you're cooking up Bio diesel".
    My response - "No, we only purify waste coking oil and are these the same 'neighbours' who got into my yard to take pictures of the mess left behind after a gale - in other words they trespassed?".
    Then I was asked to show him the processing room.
    He ask me at which point to we add the chemicals.
    I said, 'we don't add any chemicals because we don't make bio diesel'.
    I showed him an IBC with the finished oil in it, pulled out a 50ml sample which I placed in a container and said to him to go away and have it analysed.
    So he gets out a clip board and starts checking everything from fire extinguishers to risk assessments to cleaning products to signage to the food fridge to containers holding coffee, sugar and tea bags. He asks me what I did with the waste that we couldn't recycle and I said it gets sold on because the bio-diesel manufacturers can split it whereas we can't.
    Then he said that we needed to store the final product in a double bunded container and I reminded him that upon SEPA recommendation, any product awaiting shipment can be in an IBC.
    Then he proceeds to argue with me and I say to him to check with my contact at SEPA.

So I get a letter 8 weeks later recommending at least a dozen changes and 2 weeks after that, HMRC turn up.
    "We're here to do the bio diesel audit" and we we're told to switch all relevant machinery off and vacate the yard.
    I was called in by one inspector who asked me where I stored X chemical and y chemical. I said that I don't store any chemicals bar bleach and detergent.
    He asked me then how we made bio diesel and I told him that we didn't.
    'But we were informed by the Environmental health officer that you did'. I said that I furnished him with a 50ml sample pf the finished product and that you ought to speak to him to verify this.
    He dropped his officious guard. Then I explained who were were and what we did and then he said that he could assist me in the production of bio diesel. I then I sat with a piece of paper and pen I showed him the maths and cost of waste oil purification against all the myriad of things to do and cost per litre to produce biodiesel and said that it would take me 10 years to recuperate the difference given set up costs and that i'd rather not have the headache.

He said that I knew what I was doing and was doing a fine job.

So he had a cup of tea and a biscuit with the staff who sat there looking at him as if he were the anti christ at first - because they knew they were going home late as a result of the delay.

In the remaining years post that period, despite numerous complaints by the lovely neighbours, we never had another visit from EH, H&S, SEPA or the HMRC.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    oxoman said:

Pinno I trust you paid your neighbour's back with interest.

Bet they have a lengthy inventory of items smashed with hammer, set on fire and chucked over their fence.
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

I did in a way but it was by no means sufficient. I left the Portaloo with the contents of the sump.
    'Community association' innit?
    I tried in vain to meet with them face to face.

I had to stifle myself when the EH guy used the term 'cooking up bio-diesel'. Did he think we had cauldrons?

The yard ironically had been used by the council for the garden works and nurseries before that was all contracted out so it was semi industrial and far noisier and messy than what we were doing.
    Best of all, they used it as a dump after that for scaffolding and old decommissioned wheelie bins.
    When the council tried to shift us, under the FOI act, I managed to get a copy of deeds for the yard. It took enormous pushing to extract and this is what I discovered: "This area [specifications, survey map etc] was bequeathed to the people of Stranraer for their use and benefit by the late Lord Stair.

That's when the sh*t hit the fan because I took it to the local press and had Alex Ferguson MSP and speaker of the House (Holyrood) on side underlining the council's complete mis use of the premises.

They cut our water and electricity supply off.
    So we went off grid and installed generators and water catchment off the guttering and used imported water for drinking.

I held that sword above them for 5 years and in the meantime, received 3 national gold star awards from Shanks/E2B Pulse.

...and here's a picture of Jack just for the hell of it:

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    pinno said:

oxoman said:

I did in a way but it was by no means sufficient. I left the Portaloo with the contents of the sump.
    'Community association' innit?
    I tried in vain to meet with them face to face.

I had to stifle myself when the EH guy used the term 'cooking up bio-diesel'. Did he think we had cauldrons?

The yard ironically had been used by the council for the garden works and nurseries before that was all contracted out so it was semi industrial and far noisier and messy than what we were doing.
    Best of all, they used it as a dump after that for scaffolding and old decommissioned wheelie bins.
    When the council tried to shift us, under the FOI act, I managed to get a copy of deeds for the yard. It took enormous pushing to extract and this is what I discovered: "This area [specifications, survey map etc] was bequeathed to the people of Stranraer for their use and benefit by the late Lord Stair.

That's when the sh*t hit the fan because I took it to the local press and had Alex Ferguson MSP and speaker of the House (Holyrood) on side underlining the council's complete mis use of the premises.

They cut our water and electricity supply off.
    So we went off grid and installed generators and water catchment off the guttering and used imported water for drinking.

I held that sword above them for 5 years and in the meantime, received 3 national gold star awards from Shanks/E2B Pulse.

...and here's a picture of Jack just for the hell of it:

happy cat
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

elbowloh said:

pinno said:

Yep and if you thought Elf n safety are bad, just have a visit from environmental health.

Short EH cnut turned up at the yard one day and said "...the neighbours tell me you're cooking up Bio diesel".
    My response - "No, we only purify waste coking oil and are these the same 'neighbours' who got into my yard to take pictures of the mess left behind after a gale - in other words they trespassed?".
    Then I was asked to show him the processing room.
    He ask me at which point to we add the chemicals.
    I said, 'we don't add any chemicals because we don't make bio diesel'.
    I showed him an IBC with the finished oil in it, pulled out a 50ml sample which I placed in a container and said to him to go away and have it analysed.
    So he gets out a clip board and starts checking everything from fire extinguishers to risk assessments to cleaning products to signage to the food fridge to containers holding coffee, sugar and tea bags. He asks me what I did with the waste that we couldn't recycle and I said it gets sold on because the bio-diesel manufacturers can split it whereas we can't.
    Then he said that we needed to store the final product in a double bunded container and I reminded him that upon SEPA recommendation, any product awaiting shipment can be in an IBC.
    Then he proceeds to argue with me and I say to him to check with my contact at SEPA.

So I get a letter 8 weeks later recommending at least a dozen changes and 2 weeks after that, HMRC turn up.
    "We're here to do the bio diesel audit" and we we're told to switch all relevant machinery off and vacate the yard.
    I was called in by one inspector who asked me where I stored X chemical and y chemical. I said that I don't store any chemicals bar bleach and detergent.
    He asked me then how we made bio diesel and I told him that we didn't.
    'But we were informed by the Environmental health officer that you did'. I said that I furnished him with a 50ml sample pf the finished product and that you ought to speak to him to verify this.
    He dropped his officious guard. Then I explained who were were and what we did and then he said that he could assist me in the production of bio diesel. I then I sat with a piece of paper and pen I showed him the maths and cost of waste oil purification against all the myriad of things to do and cost per litre to produce biodiesel and said that it would take me 10 years to recuperate the difference given set up costs and that i'd rather not have the headache.

He said that I knew what I was doing and was doing a fine job.

So he had a cup of tea and a biscuit with the staff who sat there looking at him as if he were the anti christ at first - because they knew they were going home late as a result of the delay.

In the remaining years post that period, despite numerous complaints by the lovely neighbours, we never had another visit from EH, H&S, SEPA or the HMRC.
    I read all of that 😎

F@cling exhausted now 😴
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    orraloon said:

oxoman said:

Bet they have a lengthy inventory of items smashed with hammer, set on fire and chucked over their fence.
    ooh ooh ooh me me me
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

orraloon said:

oxoman said:

ooh ooh ooh me me me
    Be my guest - revenge is a dish served up cold and all that.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

I read all of that 😎

F@cling exhausted now 😴

Well, you shouldn't have.

• pinno
    sungod said:

happy cat

Yes and just after I took my Porker car mats off the line, all nice, clean and dry...

• MattFalle
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

orraloon said:

oxoman said:

ooh ooh ooh me me me
    it'll cost ya a packet of 'scratchings...
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

orraloon said:

oxoman said:

ooh ooh ooh me me me
    it'll cost ya a packet of 'scratchings...
    I think I can manage that. Will you need flammable liquids and a hammer?
  • MattFalle
    i thought you weren't talking to us?
  • pinno
    Look, do you want the bloody job or not?
  • MattFalle
    What's the payment terms? I've got a mortgage to pay, school fees, etc.

I'm not made of money you know.
  • pinno
    edited June 2021
    MattFalle said:

What's the payment terms? I've got a mortgage to pay, school fees, etc.

I'm not made of money you know.

You are, stop lying.

You do it for pride, for the Azzuri, for the Pizza's and the Piaza's, for the Supermirafiori's and the Scuderia, for the Baggio's and the Schillaci's, for the Pannini's and the Pagani's and of course; Leeks.
  • MattFalle
    You almost bought a tear and sense of pride to my eyes there......