Looking good Seano

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,340
    Not sure of the goatee.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,404
    When I’ve finished cooking 3 separate dinners (fussy b@ggers) I might model it for you.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    seanoconn said:

“Sean, you are not a Hollywood stuntman or a cool LA bank robber and I would not be seen dead with you wearing that!”

I said this to myself in a Polish accent. Am I weird?

Work worked, crackpot schemes debunked and hopefully will never appear again, will go and make mini dinner shortly.
  • hopkinb

@pinno said:
    Reasons to be cheerful*:

I get to bring him home tomorrow.

O frabjous day! Calloo! Callay! He chortled in his joy!

:)
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Just melted part of my new uniform that has just been tailored i was sorting for posh days.

#oops
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • hopkinb
    Melted? Latex gimp mask?

Surely you military types, even the medics, are in cloth, leather and metal when in uniform? A well blancoed Sam Browne, crisply pressed khakis, a beret at a jaunty angle, tightly wrapped puttees, and a pair of boots polished to a mirror shine.

Unless you've gone and melted your Vicky Cross? That would be careless.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Oh dear H3, you over estimate the Army.

Everything is as cheap as - plastic buttons and cap badges, boots that fall apart, uniforms that never, ever fit.... It's all made in China to the lowest budget.

I have exercise/tour clothes (knackered), working clothes (the trad camo uniform), smart working clothes (trad camo uniform that is all washed and starched and pressed and tailored for when I have to look handsome) and 2s - the things that look like a suit, worn with peaked cap. Lets not talk about 1s or Mess dress here.

Just melted the stupid plastic button at the top of the new tailored shirt that is the only sodding place anyone looks.

Re boots - you have leather boots everyone wears that are shiney-ish or the worn out knackered brown suede desert boots I get away with 'cos I'm special that are about 8 years old and the soles are worn out and they look like something from a bin. Like wearing slippers.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • seanoconn
    MattFalle said:

Just melted part of my new uniform that has just been tailored i was sorting for posh days.

#oops

Speaking of uniforms…

You talking to me?
  • hopkinb
    edited June 2021
    MattFalle said:

Oh dear H3, you over estimate the Army.

Everything is as cheap as - plastic buttons and cap badges, boots that fall apart, uniforms that never, ever fit.... It's all made in China to the lowest budget.

I have exercise/tour clothes (knackered), working clothes (the trad camo uniform), smart working clothes (trad camo uniform that is all washed and starched and pressed and tailored for when I have to look handsome) and 2s - the things that look like a suit, worn with peaked cap. Lets not talk about 1s or Mess dress here.

Just melted the stupid plastic button at the top of the new tailored shirt that is the only sodding place anyone looks.

Re boots - you have leather boots everyone wears that are shiney-ish or the worn out knackered brown suede desert boots I get away with 'cos I'm special that are about 8 years old and the soles are worn out and they look like something from a bin. Like wearing slippers.

You mean things have changed since the dress of the staff officers in the Great War? I've only just got over the shift to khaki from redcoats. 🙂

Must still be swagger sticks? Surely?
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

#oops

Speaking of uniforms…

You talking to me?
    If you'd just step this way madam? I have to frisk you for listening devices. Yes. There.
  • hopkinb
    Is that one of the boy's toy guns?!
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    I thought the badge said M&S Giant and they'd started to put the size label in the outside.

Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    MattFalle said:

Just buy a new button and replace it: https://www.totallybuttons.com/11mm-yellow-duck-2-hole-button.html

• seanoconn
    hopkinb said:

Is that one of the boy's toy guns?!

Certainly is. Quite hard to source realistic toy guns these days but I do my best to tool him up 👍
  • hopkinb
    thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

Just buy a new button and replace it: https://www.totallybuttons.com/11mm-yellow-duck-2-hole-button.html

Field punishment number 1....
  • hopkinb
    Having a look at football again. The home country vs Belgium. I fear a #shitefest, despite the ostensible quality of the stoverij munchers. The Finns look.like a shoite pub team.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Cheers lads, I received a pm saying I was missed, pleased to be back home, and of course back on Bike Radar