friday far away in time

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Looks that way :)

i feel i need to keep myself up to date with modern crime fighting techniques
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    So, 2 days later. Out of ICU and doing ok. Off the morphine at least, still a bit wobbly on his feet. Bit of a side effect though is some double vision. Doc thinks that the lump removed was sufficiently large to have forced other stuff to get used to being displaced, and now the optic nerves have moved and are stretched a bit out of whack. Hopes it'll settle down in a week or two.

In other news, did another virtual ride on trainer app, this one along the Amalfi coast. Lovely road, but phark me there was some traffic on it, and the driving skills on display were frightening. Several near death experiences in the 30km trip for the camera bike guy...

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

So, 2 days later. Out of ICU and doing ok. Off the morphine at least, still a bit wobbly on his feet. Bit of a side effect though is some double vision. Doc thinks that the lump removed was sufficiently large to have forced other stuff to get used to being displaced, and now the optic nerves have moved and are stretched a bit out of whack. Hopes it'll settle down in a week or two.

In other news, did another virtual ride on trainer app, this one along the Amalfi coast. Lovely road, but phark me there was some traffic on it, and the driving skills on display were frightening. Several near death experiences in the 30km trip for the camera bike guy...

I've been on a bus along that road from Sorrento to Amalfi and can attest to both the loveliness if the road and the poor driving skills, including the bus driver.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,152

Sounds like Zwift but with cars instead of other riders.

• Wheelspinner
    thistle_ said:

Sounds like Zwift but with cars instead of other riders.

It's the Tacx Trainer App, which has actual movies of the rides, not a CGI world, so you get cars, trucks, mopeds, pedestrians etc everywhere. Done a few so far and mostly ok, although the speed control is a little odd. Today for example going downhill and through small towns the video feed runs at whatever speed you're actually pedalling at, so through hairpins and town centre at 50+ km/h on downhills looks ridiculous and somewhat disorienting, a speeded-up film.
  • Wheelspinner
    elbowloh said:

I've been on a bus along that road from Sorrento to Amalfi and can attest to both the loveliness if the road and the poor driving skills, including the bus driver.
    There were a few bus moments, but worst was probably some muppet in a Fiat Punto who just stopped middle of the road on a bend, and nearly doored the camera bike.. lol
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871

That is great news! I didn’t realise the amalfi coast was on there 😜
  • MattFalle
    sitting in a car park waiting to pick up the bambini.

nowthatsafuckingsurprise
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    MattFalle said:

nowthatsafuckingsurprise

At least you don't have to drive to Liverpool to get your kids...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,325

elbowloh said:

There were a few bus moments, but worst was probably some muppet in a Fiat Punto who just stopped middle of the road on a bend, and nearly doored the camera bike.. lol
    If he'd hit the door would the trainer have spat you off? That would be impressive :smiley:
  • Wheelspinner

elbowloh said:

If he'd hit the door would the trainer have spat you off? That would be impressive :smiley:
    It was actually disconcerting in the extreme, you start leaning and braking anyway and nearly fell off on my own!

This trainer does have "road feel" artificially generated through the cranks. Probably has "road rash" setting too.
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

nowthatsafuckingsurprise

silver linings I suppose
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

nowthatsafuckingsurprise

Very glad the female child will only be in Sussex, I fear she will need more attention than the lad. Hopefully I will be proved wrong.
  • MattFalle
    Sitting in a different car park waiting for bambina to finish whatever after school activity she is at.

So far have driven from home to The Big Smoke and back 4 times today doing dad/husband's taxi....
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,413
    MattFalle said:

Sitting in a different car park waiting for bambina to finish whatever after school activity she is at.

So far have driven from home to The Big Smoke and back 4 times today doing dad/husband's taxi....

Super dad/hubby! You’ll get your reward one day 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Missus managed to spill an entire glass of vodka and coke on my leather jacket which I thought was safely parked on the back of a chair. For an elegant woman she’s one clumsy fecker.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

This Sunday is Father's day
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    elbowloh said:

seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

so that'll be another fuckingdisappoinment then.....
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

grazie! I may moan but am only too, too aware that the small people are the most, most important thing in this crazy thing called life.

oh - and TDNFNATN. Her as well.
  • Stevo_666
    edited June 2021
    MattFalle said:

elbowloh said:

seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

so that'll be another fuckingdisappoinment then.....
    Best hang on until March 14th next year then, the blokes equivalent of valentines day.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    edited June 2021
    nah - whatever it is its bound to be another fuckingdisappoinment
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,152
    MattFalle said:

You should tell the kids what you want then when she's buying fuckingdisappointment they'll tell her about that flamethrower/sledgehammer/trebuchet you're always pining after.
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Possibly not...

steakandbjday.com/
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,690
    What a fun drive back from a sunny 😎 Scotland down the M6 on a Friday afternoon into pishing it down and traffic jams all round that place called Birmingham or something.

Did I miss any good kickball being played?

Couple of relaxer glasses to come then lights out.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

grazie! I may moan but am only too, too aware that the small people are the most, most important thing in this crazy thing called life.

oh - and TDNFNATN. Her as well.
    Yep (bar the latter).

I prefer TDHRFP.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

nowthatsafuckingsurprise

Very glad the female child will only be in Sussex, I fear she will need more attention than the lad. Hopefully I will be proved wrong.
    Brighton Uni?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

nowthatsafuckingsurprise

Brighton Uni?
    God level genius
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

nowthatsafuckingsurprise

Brighton Uni?
    Sussex uni, just out of Brighton. Hopefully she will come out of her shell and thrive.
  • Stevo_666

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

nowthatsafuckingsurprise

Brighton Uni?
    Sussex uni, just out of Brighton. Hopefully she will come out of her shell and thrive.
    Uni tends to do that. Mine has recently taken up a new healthy outdoor hobby at uni - Polo. Of course, that fits easily into a student budget :|
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

nowthatsafuckingsurprise

Brighton Uni?
    Uni tends to do that. Mine has recently taken up a new healthy outdoor hobby at uni - Polo. Of course, that fits easily into a student budget :|
    Selling the new house so soon to buy a horse and stable lodgings. You’re a super dad Stevo. 👍