Pivot bearings - which??

Hi all. Replacing all my pivot bearings on my Boardman FS Pro (2016). Despite extensive web searching, all I’ve found re spec for them is an old post on singletrack.com, suggesting 6902, 6901 and 6900. Contacted Boardman, they don’t know, contacted Halfords, same surprisingly! Just want to order the right ones prior to getting the old ones out, but it’s a little sketchy basing spec on just an old web post alone. Any advice anyone?

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Remove the pivot bolts and take the numbers off the bearing seals.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    Do not worry! Remove the bearings and measure them and/or read off any code that you can see written anywhere on them. Then got to Trail Vision Bearings
    https://trailvision.co.uk/collections/all-bike-bearings

They have very helpful web pages that will help you to determine with confidence which bearings you need. If all else fails you can phone them. Place your order and get the bearings within less than two days (that's what happened to me).

Their bearings are all designed for the wet and muddy environment that is the UK bike scene. Their prices are competitive. Buy with confidence.
  • nasha48
    nasha48 Posts: 231
    Thanks sordy, want them ready prior to removal as I mentioned tho. Cheers oxo, flabay seller did trick 👍🏽👍🏽
  • nasha48
    nasha48 Posts: 231
    Great sales pitch, give u that