wednesday seven signs rode on seven stars

2»

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324

Apologies for the lack of mundane updates from The North ...

But we were all so worried about you. Presumably this means you are no longer riddled with the plague and can mingle with society at large. Did it get worse and how's the training in terms of where you thought you'd be?
    In the meantime both MrsHD and I kindly agreed to help out by signing up to the NHS Enhanced Covid Surveillance trial ...
    Well done, and good news you seem to have recovered so quickly. It's important to do these types of trials, a couple of friends of mine have signed up to other things, also SG with being on the vaccine trial. The more they can learn about it the better for everyone.
    Talknig of vaccines, did anyone see the C4 programme about anti-vaxxers. Interesting and a little scary, thankfully over here there seem to be fewer nutters than in the US. That quack Wakefield has really taken off over there, he should have been locked up.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,019
    Yes speaking to the nurse who rang I found out that after the first 30+ phone calls from track and trace etc most people can't be bothered with it or are genuinely to ill to be bothered.
    We're both fine so agreed as it's in everyone's best interests.

The best phone call was from the council on day 2 of isolation: "do you need any shopping sir?"

"well we've run out of sauvignon..."

"that's not what we mean"

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    19 year old daughter just booked in to have her jab on Saturday, between that and having her wisdom teeth out tomorrow she's not going to be having a great weekend. But good to get it all done and might as well take the battering in one hit. I suspect with her history it will knock her for six, but she's keen to have it which is good.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Bad news...
    Despite numerous operations and repairs, detailed in these fair pages, The dyson has finally died. Cracked both sides on the spine so badly the change over valve won't change over.
    Good news...
    It's my wife's birthday on Monday...
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,410

Guards polo club, Windsor. Only £22,500 playing membership, seems quite reasonable.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    seanoconn said:

Guards polo club, Windsor. Only £22,500 playing membership, seems quite reasonable.

How much if you can't play and just want to lark around?

• seanoconn
    thistle_ said:

seanoconn said:

£22,500. For the silent treatment.
  • seanoconn
    Incredible irrigation on the playing surface. Sprinklers on wheels attached to massive hoses. The water pressure ratchets the reels back in slowly.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    seanoconn said:

Incredible irrigation on the playing surface. Sprinklers on wheels attached to massive hoses. The water pressure ratchets the reels back in slowly.

Alright Wurzel, enough.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    seanoconn said:

And Monty on gardeners world plays f@ck because you have a bit of lawn that you water.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    seanoconn said:

thistle_ said:

seanoconn said:

That's quite expensive, even if it gives you access to posh totty.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,689
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

thistle_ said:

seanoconn said:

For that money I can introduce you to v posh totty.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    They can look good - especially when they wear those tight Jodhpurs but as soon as they open their mouths...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

thistle_ said:

seanoconn said:

Have you experienced police harassment lately Loon?

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

They can look good - especially when they wear those tight Jodhpurs but as soon as they open their mouths...

That could be interpreted in more than one way.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,689
    Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

thistle_ said:

seanoconn said:

Have you experienced police harassment lately Loon?

Nah. One of my mate's cousin's nephew's sister's boyfriend's mates has dibs on a Tory GINO fella. No worries.