tuesday executing glass breakers by eviscerating them, slowly, with the sharp bits

2»

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    tlw1 said:

Anyone heard from HD?

no, nothing here.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,326
    tlw1 said:

Anyone heard from HD?

Nope, I haven't got him either. Maybe he's not posting so he doesn't give us the lurgy.
  • veronese68
    hopkinb said:

hopkinb said:

Bloody annoying intermittent creak under load seems to have crept in. I don't think it's me, but I can't be sure.

There's only one way to find out if it's you, does the bike creak when you are not on it? If not, it's definitely you.
    Didn't manage to comment yesterday I think, you said your Mrs made you buy more clothes as she thought you were a scruff. What did she make of the homeless guy that came round to fettle your headset :#
    I just had a listen, no creaking, must be me.

She didn't comment on your barnet or appearance. You are known as "bike friend" though. 2 pairs of new casual shoes have also just arrived for me, that I didn't order. I must be overdue an upgrade in her eyes. Unfortunately they fit, and aren't too bad, so I might have to retire my reeking pair of casual footwear.
    If it's not creaking without you try spraying WD40 on your joints to see if that helps.
    I've definitely been called worse so I'll take that happily.
  • MattFalle
    edited May 2021
    if you want a medical opinion re creaking bones then i suggest red wine.
  • veronese68
    MattFalle said:

if you want a medical opinion re creaking bones then i suggest red wine.

Internally or rubbed into the joints? The latter would seem like a waste.
    Mum told me yesterday that the Montepulciano d'Abruzzo she likes from Lidl at under a fiver is cheaper than bottled water in Italy. Her joints will be in fine fettle.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,524
    hopkinb said:

hopkinb said:

Bloody annoying intermittent creak under load seems to have crept in. I don't think it's me, but I can't be sure.

There's only one way to find out if it's you, does the bike creak when you are not on it? If not, it's definitely you.
    Didn't manage to comment yesterday I think, you said your Mrs made you buy more clothes as she thought you were a scruff. What did she make of the homeless guy that came round to fettle your headset :#

She didn't comment on your barnet or appearance. You are known as "bike friend" though. 2 pairs of new casual shoes have also just arrived for me, that I didn't order. I must be overdue an upgrade in her eyes. Unfortunately they fit, and aren't too bad, so I might have to retire my reeking pair of casual footwear.
    Careful, next it might be diamond pattern woolly pullys.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

:)

That's exactly how she says it....
  • ballysmate
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

In the office today enjoying the wide open spaces left by all the wusses/lazy gits :smile: Usual round of dealing with idiots part completed.

Got an offer on the house yesterday so seeing if we can negotiate that upwards. The house ad hasn't actually hit the interweb yet, this was an early viewing (long story) and we're sorting the main round of viewings for after the bank holiday.

That was my best offer and will not be offering more.
    Saleability not helped by the general untidiness.
    Sure you're bidding on the right house? We met the buyers and he has hair...

If he also had his own teeth, he was just showing off.
  • hopkinb
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

hopkinb said:

Zero chance.

Just at the age where I want to choose the jumper that'll last me the rest of my days, and start wearing greige trousers, one of those country folk's checked shirts, a scratchy old green woollen tie and battered brown brogues to breakfast. She insists I wear young people's clothes and shoe/trainer hybrids.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,524
    hopkinb said:

I think you need to invite us around to your place for a few beers so she can meet all of your internet fwiends :p
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

hopkinb said:

Zero chance.

Just at the age where I want to choose the jumper that'll last me the rest of my days, and start wearing greige trousers, one of those country folk's checked shirts, a scratchy old green woollen tie and battered brown brogues to breakfast. She insists I wear young people's clothes and shoe/trainer hybrids.
    If you wear clothes too young for you you may become he oldest swinger in town.

https://youtu.be/0sOPRIdY0ns

• MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

I think you need to invite us around to your place for a few beers so she can meet all of your internet fwiends :p
    Count the MFs in. We'll do anything for a packet of pork scratchings and an ale.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    Stevo_666 said:

Ha ha. I have got my own teeth, though nit all of them.
    We can raid Hoppy's wine cellar.

Don't chuck the reeky footwear out Hoppy, the new one's will take at least 5 years to get as comfy.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Ha ha. I have got my own teeth, though nit all of them.
    We can raid Hoppy's wine cellar.

Don't chuck the reeky footwear out Hoppy, the new one's will take at least 5 years to get as comfy.

The old ones are wool. They are amazingly comfortable, but reek of feet and wet dog. Really quite disgusting.
  • hopkinb
    Aye, you can all be "bike friend". Ain't no cellar here no more Pinno. I have a few cases in bond, but I buys it as I needs it now.
  • pinno
    Some great cycling tips on GCN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df0GgwP8zLA
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,554
    pinno said:

Some great cycling tips on GCN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df0GgwP8zLA

great tabbies at 4:30-ish
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    Though a bit bimboish (she might be playing to the camera), when you see her out of kit at the end of the vid, she is a very good looking woman.

Yes, tabbies SG, daft and cute.