monday the gluons are scattering

2»

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    oxoman said:

Congrats Step and good luck.
    Get well soon HD and OH.
    As to doner meat. 🤮🤮🤮🤮. I'd sooner starve.

Covers it

Love a chicken kebab though
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,692
    This weather is utter shite. Ride binned, gym gymed instead. Hurting now and will hurt more later. Last 40km of the queen princess stage to watch. I. Want. Sunshine. [/tantrum]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    step83 said:

tlw1 said:

Hounds walked, some of the mess of two days entertaining tidied, now work stuff.

Later is a run and deep clean the hippie waggon

Send him in wit ha leaf blower.

Morning, grey heckshire is grey current debate is on why the weather is so bad, current theories include, tilting of the planets axis no one told us about, ducks/geese (though likely geese) made some blood sacrifices over winter for more rain. Weather has long covid, or nature is healing and this is the correct weather we should have.

I'm going with the duck/geese sacrifice currently an polling seems to agree.

Much debrief today with work and celebrations while the away bubbles toddle off to Baku.

Other news, I have handed in my notice had an offer from another company which is a no brainer. Shall be changing industry totally but still WFH/P and a chunky pay rise included. Solves a few issues as me an the OH were on the fence with the caps imposed by the FIA as to weather our jobs would be safe so seems a sensible time for least one of us to jump ship.
    Company I'm off to is a sound bet their building a whole new site which is to be the UK HO, things huge can see it from the top of the hill by mine, well rather the cranes an parts of said building.
    So end of the day sad to leave there but seems to be for the best, I know people there, companies made a big commitment in terms of investment in sites etc so seems a solid choice an the pay hike wont hurt.

Nice bit of news for me in the midst of a lot of rubbish news so that helps
    Good luck step, sounds like you're doing the right thing even if the new industry might not be quite as good to talk about at parties etc.

Just wasted an hour or so viewing a shyte property. Lots of things wrong we spotted in just 20 minutes and the agent let slip it had been rented out which kind of explained things. Then we noticed a bit of a smell in the kitchen - which was down to a carton of milk in the fridge dated November...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,153
    Stevo_666 said:

step83 said:

tlw1 said:

Hounds walked, some of the mess of two days entertaining tidied, now work stuff.

Morning, grey heckshire is grey current debate is on why the weather is so bad, current theories include, tilting of the planets axis no one told us about, ducks/geese (though likely geese) made some blood sacrifices over winter for more rain. Weather has long covid, or nature is healing and this is the correct weather we should have.

Much debrief today with work and celebrations while the away bubbles toddle off to Baku.

Other news, I have handed in my notice had an offer from another company which is a no brainer. Shall be changing industry totally but still WFH/P and a chunky pay rise included. Solves a few issues as me an the OH were on the fence with the caps imposed by the FIA as to weather our jobs would be safe so seems a sensible time for least one of us to jump ship.
    Company I'm off to is a sound bet their building a whole new site which is to be the UK HO, things huge can see it from the top of the hill by mine, well rather the cranes an parts of said building.
    So end of the day sad to leave there but seems to be for the best, I know people there, companies made a big commitment in terms of investment in sites etc so seems a solid choice an the pay hike wont hurt.

Good luck step, sounds like you're doing the right thing even if the new industry might not be quite as good to talk about at parties etc.

Just wasted an hour or so viewing a shyte property. Lots of things wrong we spotted in just 20 minutes and the agent let slip it had been rented out which kind of explained things. Then we noticed a bit of a smell in the kitchen - which was down to a carton of milk in the fridge dated November...
    Seller clearly making an effort to sell it.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    well, i'm in the middle of vascular ischemia and tourniquet usuage in crush injuries...

#reviserefreshlearn
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

step83 said:

tlw1 said:

covered up the whiff from the dead prostitute in the cupboard though didn't it?

now who's laughing....
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    edited May 2021
    tlw1 said:

oxoman said:

Get well soon HD and OH.

Covers it

Doner meat and Corned beef?! FFS. Seano, fair enough but Hoppy!

I like Sish kebabs with extra chilli sauce and garlic sauce.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

step83 said:

tlw1 said:

covered up the whiff from the dead prostitute in the cupboard though didn't it?

now who's laughing....
    I was half expecting to find one TBH.

Bloke was a builder, sounds like he moved a while back after he split up with his OH so probably just wants shot of the place. The last place we looked at where a builder was selling was not impressive either.

Rang the agents back and said no way Jose. Also just got a reasonable offer on our place to mull over but we think they will go a bit higher so will let them stew till tomorrow then ask them to think again. Might need to go look at a few others soon.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Have fun Stevo, currently supply is being outstripped by demand and prices are going mental in some areas. My OH works for Solicitors and she's working flat out to keep up with there conveyancing department. There only a small concern, but doing stupid amounts of business at the minute. We've convinced ourselves to either sell and rent whilst looking or buy and use bridging loan / savings to cover the interim period rather than join a long chain and have it collapse. Currently waiting to see what happens with eldest and navy application.

Haven't' done this for ages so its quite good fun. Getting silly money offers for what is a pile of bricks isn't the tricky part round here, only slight problem the replacement pile of brick will cost even more... Couple who made the offer are chain free and most of the ones we've seen so far are chain free as well, so you never know we might avoid 'chain pain' if we're lucky. Our kid is already at uni so the last reason to stay put apart from full on lockdown has disappeared.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

oxoman said:

Get well soon HD and OH.

Covers it

What's wrong with corned dog?
    Corned dog and beetroot sandwiches are delicious.

The only sauce acceptable for kebab meat is chilli.
    Anything else is just wrong.
  • MattFalle
    any idea how i can rewing eurosport to the begining of today's stage?

its only letting me go back an hour and a half or so.
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,699
    MattFalle said:

Best waiting for the full videos to be uploaded from the motorbikes IMHO. Couldn’t get the helicopters and aircraft up, so coverage of final climb was not broadcast live. It should arrive on youtube shortly
  • MattFalle
    grazie!

• Stevo_666

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

oxoman said:

Get well soon HD and OH.

Covers it

What's wrong with corned dog?
    Corned dog and beetroot sandwiches are delicious.

The only sauce acceptable for kebab meat is chilli.
    Anything else is just wrong.
    I only have kebab when preceded by several pints of cider.
  • pinno
    edited May 2021
    MattFalle said:

Click on 'Videos'
    Click on 'By sport'
    Click on 'Cycling'

Scroll on the right hand side to find 'Giro stage x ad free' Click on play and scroll to whatever time you like.
  • pinno
    Oh, and use a cushion to shield the home page form the headline spoilers, leaving 2" of screen visible at the top.
    Silly barstewards.
    I stay logged in so that I go straight to the video page to avoid the home page.
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Click on 'Videos'
    Click on 'By sport'
    Click on 'Cycling'

Scroll on the right hand side to find 'Giro stage x ad free' Click on play and scroll to whatever time you like.
    you be mega - grazie mille,!
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Click on 'Videos'
    Click on 'By sport'
    Click on 'Cycling'

you be mega - grazie mille,!
    Sure. But i'm still not talking to you.
  • MattFalle
    but you just did.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    edited May 2021
    Stevo_666 said:

step83 said:

tlw1 said:

Yeah new employer would likely make peoples eyes roll an potentially slip into a coma, be great at parties you don't want really want to be at.

An thanks all, its going to be a bit of a shock to say the least.
  • pinno
    edited May 2021
    But i'm never talking to you again. Ever, Never ever.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    edited May 2021
    pinno said:

Bu i'm never talking to you again. Ever, Never ever.

You jealous of Step's new job? :D
    Diidn't manage to post yesterday, congrats Step seems like a good move.
  • pinno

pinno said:

No, Step is fine and good luck. Now he's getting a bigger wodge, i'm expecting big things - garage improvements or moving house - maybe even scrapping the pi$$rat :smile: . It's one of those MF blokes (that i'm not talking to) that I was referring to.

Remember the good old bad days when you used to get the notification "Someone else has posted since, you may want to review your post" ? Or words to that effect.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,153
    pinno said:

pinno said:

No, Step is fine and good luck. Now he's getting a bigger wodge, i'm expecting big things - garage improvements or moving house - maybe even scrapping the pi$$rat :smile: . It's one of those MF blokes (that i'm not talking to) that I was referring to.

Remember the good old bad days when you used to get the notification "Someone else has posted since, you may want to review your post" ? Or words to that effect.
    One for the nostalgia thread.
    I wondered what you were going on about then had an "oh yeah" moment (senior moment?)
    As for the MFs how do you know which one you are talking to and that you've previously told them that you're not talking to them?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    thistle_ said:

As for the MFs how do you know which one you are talking to and that you've previously told them that you're not talking to them?

I suspect at any given time there must be at least one of the MFs that's being ignored by one or more of the others. You can just imagine it, they then have to get another MF to act as intermediary. It must be chaos chez MFs.
  • pinno
    edited May 2021
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

pinno said:

One for the nostalgia thread.
    I wondered what you were going on about then had an "oh yeah" moment (senior moment?)
    It's a good point.
    I went out with a girl called Isobel. She was a twin. Had a laugh - it was never that serious.
    After a few dates I kissed (one of them) and noticed the chain around her neck - a St Christophers and it suddenly dawned on me.
    I still speak to them, One of them now bats for the other side, married another woman and through tadpole donation, had triplets! But she's now a complete square pants. She was dyslexic, my mother helped her.
    The other, I can have a laugh and joke with just like the old days.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    So are you saying that one kiss from you can turn a woman into a lesbian? :D
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,415

So are you saying that one kiss from you can turn a woman into a lesbian? :D

A look would suffice.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    Probably on account of a bloke she was with for a while knocking her about but as you were gentlemen.