Jerseys for non racing guys

Where do you guys who are a size xl or xxl buy your jerseys & gilets from?
https://www.instagram.com/seanmcgrathphotography/
Planet X RT58
Cannondale CAAD 10 2012.
Pain.. Is weakness leaving the body.

HATING LIFE-CYCLES FROM 2011

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    any of the usual suspects - wiggle, crc, merlin, etc - loads to be found in the clearance/sales sections which always makes me, as a M/L, very jealous.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    Planet X as well.
  • Defblade
    Defblade Posts: 140
    I've had a whole pile from https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/CheapBikeShirts
    as I prefer the older style of materials and cut. His sizing measurements (measure one of yours that fits well across the armpits and down the back, then look under the "more info" button on the listing) have worked better than 95% of manufacturers' size guides ;)

I've been recommended https://torm.cc/ quite a few times as well, but not bought anything there yet.

I've pretty much given up on Italian brands :(
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    I’d keep an eye on Pactimo sales they frequently have kits for very cheap prices
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • womack
    womack Posts: 566
    Dhgate...China.

• bikeit65
    bikeit65 Posts: 982
    womack said:

Dhgate...China.

Are Dhgate similar to Wish?
    https://www.instagram.com/seanmcgrathphotography/
    Planet X RT58
    Cannondale CAAD 10 2012.
    Pain.. Is weakness leaving the body.

HATING LIFE-CYCLES FROM 2011
  • womack
    womack Posts: 566
    bikeit65 said:

womack said:

Dhgate...China.

Are Dhgate similar to Wish?
    Sorry mate, don't know anything about Wish.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    oxoman said:

Funkier as a brand are non racing snake sizes and available everywhere.

Not that well made though. The zip on mine started to detach after a few washes.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    webboo said:

oxoman said:

Funkier as a brand are non racing snake sizes and available everywhere.

Not that well made though. The zip on mine started to detach after a few washes.
    How were you drying them?
  • webboo
    On the whirlygig or the Sheilas maid.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    I had one York jersey, but quite heavy, kind of wooly material compared to most jerseys.

Certainly not a racing snake (6'5" and 15 stone), but have been fine with Morvelo, Sportful and Castelli jerseys. Just have to get the right sizes e.g. I might be XL in Morvelo, but XXL in Castelli. Also have a couple of rapha ones (bought years ago). XL in the more relaxed fit jersey, but an XXL in their team (?) Jersey I think.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,844
    Defblade said:

I've been recommended https://torm.cc/ quite a few times as well, but not bought anything there yet.

I've pretty much given up on Italian brands :(

I have several Torm jerseys and would recommend them. Quality is good, comfort is good and fit not snake-like. Early jerseys had smaller pockets and the colour choice was limited. The pockets are now a bit bigger and the colour choice much better. The owners often experiment with colour options and then sell the examples off at a discount. If you get one of them it may be a limited range as they don't always manufacture the tests.

Potential downside is that it is a merino wool mix (sportwool) and could be warm although I haven't found that at all in the UK and even manged happily with one in the French alps in June.

• webboo
    oxoman said:

Weboo, I'm surprised several of mine are quite old and still going strong. Only thing I do is wash with the zips done up, never had a problem. Get hold of them and chase them up they're normally pretty good.

I’ve no longer got it. It was a birthday present 4 years ago and as seem to get a least one new top each birthday or sometimes 3. It went to the charity shop when we moved house.
    Yes I do also wash my tops with zip fastened.
  • MattFalle
    webboo said:

oxoman said:

Weboo, I'm surprised several of mine are quite old and still going strong. Only thing I do is wash with the zips done up, never had a problem. Get hold of them and chase them up they're normally pretty good.

I’ve no longer got it. It was a birthday present 4 years ago and as seem to get a least one new top each birthday or sometimes 3. It went to the charity shop when we moved house.
    genuine question - what's the difference with washing tops with the zips done up or not?

i generally take mine off my rippling, muscled, toned torso and fling them in a sweaty heap on the floor whilst beating off women with a shittystick.

never thought about doing up zips tbh.
  • ibr17xvii
    ibr17xvii Posts: 1,065
    Must admit I do up the zips before putting stuff in the wash but genuinely no idea why.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,931
    Always wash with the sip done up. Stops any loose threads catching.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Wear them once, sign them, and auction on ebay. No need for any of that washing nonsense.
  • webboo
    MattFalle said:

webboo said:

oxoman said:

genuine question - what's the difference with washing tops with the zips done up or not?

i generally take mine off my rippling, muscled, toned torso and fling them in a sweaty heap on the floor whilst beating off women with a shittystick.

never thought about doing up zips tbh.
    I had the zips replaced on two tops and the lady in alteration shop asked me if I washed them with zip fastened. When I said no I got the shake of the head and a look that made me feel like I was five again.
    Apparently they catch on the holes in the washing machine drum and that dead’s them.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,786

Always wash with the sip done up. Stops any loose threads catching.

I knew to always do up any velcro, but this is obvious once pointed out.
    Time to start.....
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • MattFalle
    blimey. i never, ever knew or, tbh, noticed (unless the washing fairies did it without me knowing.

As they say, every day is a learning day.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    ibr17xvii said:

Must admit I do up the zips before putting stuff in the wash but genuinely no idea why.

That's a good idea, going to do that from now on, protects the zip teeth thingies

It's just a hill. Get over it.