• womack
    womack Posts: 566
    I expect doggers are made up.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    rjsterry said:

pblakeney said:

pblakeney said:

We are going back to the office on Monday. Can't say I am looking forward to it.
    Another thing I've not missed is meaningless small talk.

Cake Stop Irony?
    By meaningless small talk I mean football, the weather, usual blah.
    Some nonsense on here is interesting. Pick your threads as and when.
    Not so easy to simply turn your back on a colleague.
    Isn't that what pointy sticks are for?
    ftfy

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,243

Am I the only one who actually enjoyed not having to shake hands, kiss random people on the cheeks and hug friends? I was hoping we would get rid of this censored altogether, including the fist pump and elbow shake variants... but looks like they're creeping back.

What’s worse for you: being hugged or the curb style awkwardness of saying you don’t want to be hugged?
    It's all in the body language, if you don't make any effort, people won't spontaneously rush towards you to hug you...
    Stand your ground, don't give them any hint and they will stay away.
    left the forum March 2023
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,243
    edited May 2021

Am I the only one who actually enjoyed not having to shake hands, kiss random people on the cheeks and hug friends? I was hoping we would get rid of this censored altogether, including the fist pump and elbow shake variants... but looks like they're creeping back.

Ugo has fixed 2 or maybe 3 wheels for me. I hope I shook his hand as a thank you when I paid him ;)
    There isn't a single day that goes by that I don't regret charging you so little
    left the forum March 2023
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,861

What’s worse for you: being hugged or the curb style awkwardness of saying you don’t want to be hugged?
    It's all in the body language, if you don't make any effort, people won't spontaneously rush towards you to hug you...
    Stand your ground, don't give them any hint and they will stay away.

Hands in pockets. Mind you, that makes gesticulating harder.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Just chuck them a fist bump the minute they start walking up to you and its all bases covered.

no need for weird handshakes, hugs, air kisses, thatshite.

Before covid people looked at you for fist bumping, now its socially the norm and saves so many problems.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    A fist bump to the chin works even better.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,416

So, we're now officially allowed to hug people again?

Let's be clear about this: at no stage during the pandemic has it ever been illegal to hug someone. It may have been advisable not to hug, we have certainly been constantly reminded of that, but you could not be fined for doing so. There were no hug police patrolling the streets, peering into houses and gardens, ready to arrest people for daring to hug their Mums. So, the fcuking government cannot now graciously give us permission.

Kinda difficult to hug someone standing 2m away from you, unless of course your name is Mr Tickle.

Anyway, I've been eating much more garlic during the pandemic so hugging people is rather academic to me.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.