2»

Comments

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    edited May 2021
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

That sounds beyond shitty Elbow.
    Best of luck and best wishes for Mrs Elbow.

Cheers Bally. Kids are both asleep now, so just trying to keep calm and occupied!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    elbowloh said:

So today has been a shitty day. Wife's symptoms took a turn for the worse, with now having blurred vision in one eye and she's back at hospital. Latest theory is she had a minor stroke 5 weeks ago when this all kicked off. This could possibly have been picked up at the time when she had a CT scan, but they didn't do it properly with contrast (waste of everyone's time and NHS money to have done it without). Now waiting for an MRI scan.

Apparently A&E are only allowed to ask for two MRIs per day, no matter what turns up at their door.

I'm not allowed to be there and anyway need to be at home as two year old has a high temperature and feeling poorly. She also cant currently have our 10 week old with her.

Elbow. Sorry to hear that. Best of luck with the kids. Hope Mrs Elbow is OK. Sounds awful. Don't know what else to say, other than I hope things turn out well.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,410
    Sorry Elbow, awful news. Thoughts are with you both.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

Finally got an invite for a Covid jab, either that or it's some scam to get my email address although they seem to know where I live and my GP's details so email is the last of my worries.
    Times all in UTC+0 apparently. Not sure if that's just a censored up - will ask later as I'm going there anyway for something else.

If the link is to some website called accurx.thirdparty.nhs.uk then its probably kosher.
    Nah the link goes to an office 365 calendar with a booking form.

Local booking system for local people :smile:
  • thistle_
    Hope they manage to figure it out elbow. At least they seem to be taking it more seriously this time.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Sorry to hear that elbow. Hope Mrs elbow gets the right treatment now. Stay strong
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    edited May 2021
    Hopefully, a proper diagnosis will now herald some improvement.

Unlike that sap SG who had us all concerned, for nothing. I'l have him. He owes us.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    @ballysmate
    Am doing good ta.
    I'll return the serve in genuine Black Coontray:

'Ow's yau?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    Fingers crossed she recovers OK Elbow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,689
    Best wishes to yours and you Elbow.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Hope it’s ok elbow

How’s the bubbles sungod?
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    FFS. Just got off the phone with the wife, she's still sitting in a chair in A&E waiting to be admitted. She's been there since 13.30

Still waiting for the MRI which will be tomorrow now. Another doctor has suggested it could be MS. They clearly don't really have a clue either.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    elbowloh said:

FFS. Just got off the phone with the wife, she's still sitting in a chair in A&E waiting to be admitted. She's been there since 13.30

Still waiting for the MRI which will be tomorrow now. Another doctor has suggested it could be MS. They clearly don't really have a clue either.

:disappointed:
    You'd think they'd send her home and give her an appointment for tomorrow for the scan and any other tests.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Bit pissed having just got in from the boozer so apologies if this sounds trite. Elbow, don't know what to say other than my finest toughts are with you and yours, hope all is as good as can be. Sending strength and happy thoughts.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Awful stuff E - really sorry to hear
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.