Vittoria Pit Stop "Road Racing" version

Apparently there is this variant, which should work on clinchers as well as tubulars, but seems to be impossible to find in the UK. Is it just snake oil, so basically the same product as the Vittoria Pit Stop for tubulars, just repackaged, or is it a different product?

Alternatively, is there anything similar for emergency fixing a puncture during a TT race?
left the forum March 2023

Comments

• singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,497
    I don't see why it would need to be a different product for tubulars than for a clincher and tube. The Vittoria website states that the road racing version is for high pressure road tyre and tubulars.

There are other options:
    Muc-off B.A.M! Instant Puncture Repair
    Zefal Repair Spray
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,248
    singleton said:

I don't see why it would need to be a different product for tubulars than for a clincher and tube. The Vittoria website states that the road racing version is for high pressure road tyre and tubulars.

There are other options:
    Muc-off B.A.M! Instant Puncture Repair
    Zefal Repair Spray

Yes, but the other version, which is available in the UK, seems to be for tubulars only. Maybe it only works with latex inners? VIttoria tubs have latex inners
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    used it, the normal stuff and and other makes (Zefal springs to mind) before on Continental and Vittoria tubulars and there was no difference at all tbh.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,217
    I've used the tubular version Pit Stop to fix a puncture in a Michelin latex clincher inner tube. Managed to pump it up to 60psi IIRC (28c), enough to finish the ride home.
  • ugo.santalucia
    I've ordered a can of the Muc OFF one... it seems a case they're much of a muchness. It'd be nice to not having to carry spare tube, pump and levers in a race (chiefly because I don't want to have to walk 5 miles back on a dual carriageway
  • joe2019
    joe2019 Posts: 1,338

I've ordered a can of the Muc OFF one... it seems a case they're much of a muchness. It'd be nice to not having to carry spare tube, pump and levers in a race (chiefly because I don't want to have to walk 5 miles back on a dual carriageway

...and if you were to race on tubulars you could ride back on a flat.
  • ugo.santalucia
    joe2019 said:

...and if you were to race on tubulars you could ride back on a flat.
    yeah, yeah...
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    or just fill the punctured one with instant foam and not jeff up your wheel.

anyhow, i thought in a previous tub related tt'ing clubbie thread it was reported that clubbies never left a man behind except for the dude in the thread that was left behind and ended up destroying his disc wheel to het back to where everyone else was hanging out?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.