Traveling to European cycle sportives.

Is anyone, like me trying to find information about travelling to any of the European Sportives/granfondos.
I've been keeping a close eye on the covid situation and to see if any events are being cancelled.
Now with Italy saying they will be opening later this month for vaccinated/ negative tested people how likely is it that mass events like the Maratona dles Dolomites will go ahead and if they do how many people are going to decide to go rather than defer till next year.
What are your plans?

Comments

• Onegear
    Onegear Posts: 76
    My paris roubaix has been deferred twice and the organizers refunded me a while back.

Gonna give the events a pass this year tbh
  • fuzzdog
    fuzzdog Posts: 196
    I have the Maratona deferred from last year. Obviously I would like to go if possible but waiting on both the Maratona and Gov travel advice but with a medical certificate deadline of May 24th looming it's gonna be cutting it close so may end up deferring for next year anyway.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Giving the whole of Italy a miss until next year as its a total cluster over there at the mo' and we can't see it sorting itself out rapido time.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,175
    Eventually Europe will go on the green list over the summer, the question is when... not any time soon
    left the forum March 2023