monday there, pride, avarice, and envy are the tongues men know and heed, a babel of despair

Comments

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    MattFalle said:

g/c again????

what ya doin' H3?

Pushing a trolley round. Picking up bags of compost, pots etc that Mrs H³ "can't lift". Putting them in the car, carrying them into the garden.

We had a goldfinch in the garden today. Lovely it was. Made a change from the sparrers and the tits.

Bloody windy.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,682
    What a 'kin miserable boring day. Blxxdy cold, blowing a hoolie, pixxing it down. Bank holidays, dontcha jest lurve 'em.

Still, only 7 weeks to go until the summer solstice.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,492
    hopkinb said:

Garden centre again.

2 hours yesterday not enough for you? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Garden centre again.

Not my bl00dy idea.

Only an hour today.

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,868
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Garden centre again.

Not my bl00dy idea.

Only an hour today.

Still sounds hideous
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,492
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Garden centre again.

Not my bl00dy idea.

Only an hour today.

There is a win-win solution for this sort of thing...

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    hopkinb said:

We had a goldfinch in the garden today. Lovely it was. Made a change from the sparrers and the tits.

Tits in the garden are fine depending on who they belong to.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

g/c again????

what ya doin' H3?

Pushing a trolley round. Picking up bags of compost, pots etc that Mrs H³ "can't lift". Putting them in the car, carrying them into the garden.

Bloody windy.
    Pigeons, magpies and ring-necked parakeets is what we get!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,340
    Almost 5 hours. Shall we assemble a virtual cyber posse for SG?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

I’m aware by telling you I’m not talking to you i am talking to you but if I didn’t tell you I wasn’t talking to you, you wouldn’t know I wasn’t talking to you.

Okay.

I'll not talk to you either. If I didn't tell you, you wouldn't know either. So now you know.
    So there.

• pinno
    elbowloh said:

pinno said:

elbowloh said:

We're going to see a live drive in show if the Gruffalo at Hop Farm. You're apparently not allowed to bring you're own food and drink, but the food packages on offer were terrible, so we're sneaking it in. What are they going do, search the car?

Yep, what can they do?
    Get yer missus to go cross eyed and over do it with the toothpaste so she looks like she's foaming at the mouth when you enter.

Should be fun. Have you read the Scottish version of the Gruffalo? It's ay' gid.
    Shorty got 'The Eejits' by Roald Dahl on Saturday from the Library. It's a hoot mon but you'll nee to have read the English version first.

An extra specially fine drizzle has descended on us with no wind to blow it away. Don't ever be fooled by this fine, seemingly innocuous precipitation; it can penetrate just about anything and have you soaked in far less time than you anticipated.

We've not read the English one let alone the Scottish
    You'll have all this to come.
    And you will loose count of the number of times you read Green eggs and Ham.
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

I'm sure you'll be glad to know that I utilised my decades of medical skills and vast array of medical equipt at my disposal to cut off my toe nail using a pair of hairdressing scissors and some old rusty nail clippers..

i couldn't find an emery board to smooth what is left off so used some wet 'n' dry.

good job well done is what i say.

I'm glad you didn't waste our money doing that job in an expensive, elongated fashion.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    pinno said:

elbowloh said:

pinno said:

elbowloh said:

We're going to see a live drive in show if the Gruffalo at Hop Farm. You're apparently not allowed to bring you're own food and drink, but the food packages on offer were terrible, so we're sneaking it in. What are they going do, search the car?

Yep, what can they do?
    Get yer missus to go cross eyed and over do it with the toothpaste so she looks like she's foaming at the mouth when you enter.

Should be fun. Have you read the Scottish version of the Gruffalo? It's ay' gid.
    Shorty got 'The Eejits' by Roald Dahl on Saturday from the Library. It's a hoot mon but you'll nee to have read the English version first.

An extra specially fine drizzle has descended on us with no wind to blow it away. Don't ever be fooled by this fine, seemingly innocuous precipitation; it can penetrate just about anything and have you soaked in far less time than you anticipated.

I love Green Eggs and Ham. Almost have it memorised. I've also used the Cat in the Hat in a maths lesson before now too!
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    pinno said:

elbowloh said:

pinno said:

elbowloh said:

Yep, what can they do?

It will be zero. Not a fan
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    pinno said:

Almost 5 hours. Shall we assemble a virtual cyber posse for SG?

#thoughtsandprayers
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,545
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIZBpKr2mGU

not ridden it yet

obvs. stick to the a side
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MattFalle
    edited May 2021
    anyone got any opinions on a 'Dale SuperX?
  • pinno
    What the hell is a Dale Super x?
  • MattFalle

• MattFalle

• MattFalle
    one of those two above
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,682
    MattFalle said:

one of those two above

2.5 times the price of a Boardman ADV 8.9 with the same shite Formula hubs. Do what I'm doing, get the boardman and put some better wheels hubs on. Quids in.
  • hopkinb
    Probably got ultegra? Not looked mind you. If it had force, maybe even 1x, sure it'd be fine.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,868
    Do it, love a dale though don’t currently own one
  • MattFalle
    been offered it for a grand with new Roval wheels and the standard wheels, mint as new condition.

am tempted....
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

Probably got ultegra? Not looked mind you. If it had force, maybe even 1x, sure it'd be fine.

grx, whatever the actualfuck that is....
  • hopkinb
    MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

grx, whatever the actualfuck that is....
    Gravel ultegra.

Lotta bike for a grand.

"Shimano GRX gravel groupset review - Groupsets - Components - BikeRadar" https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/components/groupsets/shimano-grx-review/
  • pinno
    Soul less.
  • MattFalle
    what ya reckon? worth a punt?

• hopkinb
    pinno said:

Soul less.

You say that about everything that doesn't have 5 speed friction shifter on the downtube, welded together from rusty old pig iron, cork blocked rod brakes. As long as it has a vaguely Italian name on a decal... 😉

Machines have no soul. They are inanimate and not sentient.

A grand for a bike with 2 sets of wheels is a bargain.

Fact you have to ask though, means you don't really want it.