Tickr HRM issue

I have a problem with my Wahoo Tickr heart rate monitor. Its the second gen thing running the latest firmware.
Over the last couple of months, on first putting the thing on, before commencing a zwift workout or even going for a real life ride (paired to my garmin 830), it reports a ridiculously high heart rate reading.
At 53 yrs of age, my max HR is around 181-183. Started a zwift workout this morning and even before beginning the warm up section, the heart rate monitor reported a heart rate of 215! I was practically at rest at this point. Disconnecting the unit from the strap and unpairing and then repairing it via bluetooth to zwift makes no difference. This is usual recently.
After around 3-5 mins of riding it gradually lowers to accurate levels but always (of late) begins with a very elevated level. I always moisten the sensor part of the strap touching chest bare skin.
The battery has been changed recently so I doubt it's that, any idea what's causing the fault?
Thanks.

Comments

• wobblebob
    wobblebob Posts: 73
    It might be the strap, have heard of people having issues with them in the past,. Contact Wahoo, they are normally pretty good and will send a new one