Segments labelled ‘not hazardous’

I see a number of local segments named ‘xxxxx is not hazardous’

What does this this mean?

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146
    I've seen an option on Strava to report a segment as hazardous i.e. flag it to an admin to review/remove it - wrong way along one way streets for example.

I guess it's related to that, but don't understand why it is needed.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,750
    thistle_ said:

I've seen an option on Strava to report a segment as hazardous i.e. flag it to an admin to review/remove it - wrong way along one way streets for example.

I guess it's related to that, but don't understand why it is needed.

At a guess it has been flagged as hazardous, then someone has flagged it as not hazardous. Maybe....
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • womack
    womack Posts: 566
    What basically happens is an existing segment is flagged as hazardous by rider A. Rider B upset at this comes along, creates exactly the same segment with a slightly different name and tags "not hazardous" on the end of the name, sort of sticking two fingers up at Rider A.

All it does is clutter up the segments section to be honest.

I don't fully understand how some segments are flagged as hazardous when they clearly aren't but some that should be are not flagged.

• sumws
    sumws Posts: 10
    Me neither but there seem to be quite a lot of segments around bristol like this
  • monkimark
    monkimark Posts: 1,515
    I think if you flag a segment as hazardous, it removes the leaderboard and KOM etc so presumably the person creates the 'not hazardous' version to reinstate it somewhere else.
  • sumws
    sumws Posts: 10
    That sounds like a good explanation