New longer ride

Hi all I'm trying to get back into biking, mountain biking, I did a 47km a few days ago along the coast and back near me absolutely loved it, anyway I'm looking to cycle from where I live and down to Richmond in North Yorkshire, roughly 47 miles, but not sure if there's a cycle route all the way etc, and also if any one has any info, advice, links to prepare for something like this it would be great if you could send any help.

Cheers all

Comments

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,616
    Where do you live?
  • merlin40
    merlin40 Posts: 26
    mrb123 said:

Where do you live?

HI I live in Jarrow near newcastle
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,616
    Check out the map of all the National Cycle routes on the Sustrans website.

Your best bet will probably be NCN1 which runs South. Come off that somewhere near Thorpe Thewles and then follow back roads to Richmond - round Darlington to the South via Middleton St George, Croft etc.

The NCN is mostly gravel track rather than proper MTB stuff but that may be what you're after anyway.
  • merlin40
    merlin40 Posts: 26
    mrb123 said:

Check out the map of all the National Cycle routes on the Sustrans website.

Your best bet will probably be NCN1 which runs South. Come off that somewhere near Thorpe Thewles and then follow back roads to Richmond - round Darlington to the South via Middleton St George, Croft etc.

The NCN is mostly gravel track rather than proper MTB stuff but that may be what you're after anyway.

Great cheers buddy

Appreciated