2»

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Flâneur said:

thistle_ said:

Flâneur said:

Then over to Snowdonia on Sunday to find some climbing legs

Recommend going early as the place was overrun with nobbers last weekend.

Can imagine, I tend to have parked up i n Betws and be on the road by 8am so hopefully I'll just have to dodge the drivers and then sigh heavily whilst getting my pizza at the end. We shall see, worst case park up towards Llanwrst and not go on the trails.

Side note - who goes on zwift for the immersive scenery? C'mon own up
    Watch out for orange bmw drivers, as I think we will be on the same bit of road at the same time 😂
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

Ciao

Finishing work, playing taxi driver.

Being sent to middle of nowhere in Scotland layer this year for a few weeks. Scotland. Pinno, I'll be knocking on your door.

Scotland.

Ffs.

Nice place for cycling
    We'll be out in the middle of utter nowhere where its meant to beautiful so a mtb/graveller would've tocked, but, alas ....

going to use it as an opportunity to scope out the local scene for future potential returns.
    YOu know how some paramedics go round on MTBs, can you not get issued a forces bike in camo colours?

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    tlw1 said:

Flâneur said:

thistle_ said:

Flâneur said:

Can imagine, I tend to have parked up i n Betws and be on the road by 8am so hopefully I'll just have to dodge the drivers and then sigh heavily whilst getting my pizza at the end. We shall see, worst case park up towards Llanwrst and not go on the trails.

Watch out for orange bmw drivers, as I think we will be on the same bit of road at the same time 😂
    Is it the car, or the driver that is orange? :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    hopkinb said:

tlw1 said:

Flâneur said:

thistle_ said:

Flâneur said:

Is it the car, or the driver that is orange? :wink:
    Beat me to it. I was going to ask when he started using spray tan.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,420
    In other news, Mrs Seano’s grandad has had a square named after him in his hometown. Pretty cool 😎 No slave links either apparently. I shall now bore you with the translation....

Patron for the square in Kielce

The square at the intersection of Winnicka and Zagórska Streets in Kielce will have a patron. It is to be attorney Świętosław Krawczyński. Such a request was submitted by the Świętokrzyska Bar Association - District Bar Council in Kielce.

The draft resolution to give the square a name will be dealt with by councilors at the next session - April 22. The square at the intersection of Winnicka and Zagórska Streets is located near the place where Świętosław Krawczyński lived for most of his life.

He was born in 1913, died in 1977. A soldier of September 1939, a prisoner of war, dean of the District Bar Council in Kielce in 1951-1954, composer, cultural activist, writer. Świętosław Krawczyński settled in Kielce in 1947 and lived here continuously until his death in 1977. In 1949, he was entered on the list of attorneys. His activities contributed to the creation of the first two barrister teams in Kielce, and thus the citizens of the city gained access to professional legal services and, at the same time, professional support while appearing before the justice authorities in these difficult times of totalitarian terror. The field of his activity was not limited only to his advocate activities. In addition to his professional work, he was passionate about the history, culture and art of the Świętokrzyskie region. It was related to, among others. with the Stefan Żeromski, where he was not only a lawyer, but also an arranger, music advisor and composer. He illustrated several performances of the "Kubuś" Puppet and Actor Theater in Kielce. He collaborated with the Kielce radio station of Polish Radio, where he was a valued commentator on the current cultural and social life and the guardian of regional traditions. It evoked the memory of the heroes of the last war - Zbigniew Kruszelnicki and Bolesław Boczarski. He carefully watched Kielce of his time. He recorded his observations in a collection of sketches "Opowieści pod Wielkiego Kamienia" (1972), "Raptularz Świętokrzyski" (1970), a volume of poetry "Chromatyka Jesień" and other texts scattered in magazines and introductions to photo albums by Jan Siudowski "Najściślejsza My Ojczyzna" and Paweł Pierściński "Góry Świętokrzyskie". Świętosław Krawczyński was also active in the Literary Club and the Kielce structures of the Polish Writers' Union. He actively supported the People's University in Rożnica. He worked for PTTK.

Naming the square after him will be a tribute to a patriot, lawyer and artist who was associated with Kielce.

The application received a positive opinion of the team for the naming of streets and squares in the city, which includes, inter alia, Jarosław Karyś. The deputy chairman of the city council says that Świętosław Krawczyński was an outstanding figure.

- A lawyer, writer and, above all, a regionalist who devoted many of his works and books to showing the Świętokrzyskie region, he was also passionate about art. You can call him a Renaissance man - says Jarosław Karyś.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    meanwhile, the Sunday club run in Newport still went ahead.....

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    MattFalle said:

meanwhile, the Sunday club run in Newport still went ahead.....

I went to university in Newport, in the 90s. That's a pretty accurate image of Wednesday and Friday nights in town.
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn said:

In other news, Mrs Seano’s grandad has had a square named after him in his hometown. Pretty cool 😎 No slave links either apparently. I shall now bore you with the translation....

The square at the intersection of Winnicka and Zagórska Streets in Kielce will have a patron. It is to be attorney Świętosław Krawczyński. Such a request was submitted by the Świętokrzyska Bar Association - District Bar Council in Kielce.

The draft resolution to give the square a name will be dealt with by councilors at the next session - April 22. The square at the intersection of Winnicka and Zagórska Streets is located near the place where Świętosław Krawczyński lived for most of his life.

He was born in 1913, died in 1977. A soldier of September 1939, a prisoner of war, dean of the District Bar Council in Kielce in 1951-1954, composer, cultural activist, writer. Świętosław Krawczyński settled in Kielce in 1947 and lived here continuously until his death in 1977. In 1949, he was entered on the list of attorneys. His activities contributed to the creation of the first two barrister teams in Kielce, and thus the citizens of the city gained access to professional legal services and, at the same time, professional support while appearing before the justice authorities in these difficult times of totalitarian terror. The field of his activity was not limited only to his advocate activities. In addition to his professional work, he was passionate about the history, culture and art of the Świętokrzyskie region. It was related to, among others. with the Stefan Żeromski, where he was not only a lawyer, but also an arranger, music advisor and composer. He illustrated several performances of the "Kubuś" Puppet and Actor Theater in Kielce. He collaborated with the Kielce radio station of Polish Radio, where he was a valued commentator on the current cultural and social life and the guardian of regional traditions. It evoked the memory of the heroes of the last war - Zbigniew Kruszelnicki and Bolesław Boczarski. He carefully watched Kielce of his time. He recorded his observations in a collection of sketches "Opowieści pod Wielkiego Kamienia" (1972), "Raptularz Świętokrzyski" (1970), a volume of poetry "Chromatyka Jesień" and other texts scattered in magazines and introductions to photo albums by Jan Siudowski "Najściślejsza My Ojczyzna" and Paweł Pierściński "Góry Świętokrzyskie". Świętosław Krawczyński was also active in the Literary Club and the Kielce structures of the Polish Writers' Union. He actively supported the People's University in Rożnica. He worked for PTTK.

Naming the square after him will be a tribute to a patriot, lawyer and artist who was associated with Kielce.

The application received a positive opinion of the team for the naming of streets and squares in the city, which includes, inter alia, Jarosław Karyś. The deputy chairman of the city council says that Świętosław Krawczyński was an outstanding figure.

- A lawyer, writer and, above all, a regionalist who devoted many of his works and books to showing the Świętokrzyskie region, he was also passionate about art. You can call him a Renaissance man - says Jarosław Karyś.

This proper impressive.
  • hopkinb
    Europe in C20 was a mess. Men and women rose to the challenge. Well done Mrs Seano's grandad!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

This proper impressive.
    Lawyer and decent bloke, very impressive
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    seanoconn said:

Afternoon folks,
    wfh today, the EPO insisted I stick around in case the strange man with the tortured bicycle turned up again.
    Looks nice out, not thatI've been out in it of course. We havea couple of wood pigeons that have set up home in a bush about 8' away from the back door. Not the most sensible place for a nest, it's barely above the level of the fence. Neighbour reckons squirrels will be after the eggs. I thought I might be able to answer the question of why you never see baby pigeons. Very glad it's Friday, long weekend ahead of me as I've got Monday off.

Caught a pair of wood pigeons bonking on my fence yesterday, in broad daylight! Absolutely no shame whatsoever. Lots of necking going on too. Quite sweet actually.
    Prefer my collared doves all loved up.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    edited April 2021
    MattFalle said:

Ciao

Being sent to middle of nowhere in Scotland layer this year for a few weeks. Scotland. Pinno, I'll be knocking on your door.

Scotland.

Ffs.

You have to go on the A82 north towards Glencoe and Glencoe itself. Scotland is stunning in places. Where are you stationed?
    Oban
    Mull
    Cambletown
    Gairloch
    Pitlochry
    Rannoch moors
    Western Isles... I could recommend many places to see.

Utterly stunning (if you can see it through the mist and fog).
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,694
    "Utterly stunning (if you can see it through the mist and fog)."

And the midgies. Don't forget the midgies.
  • seanoconn
    @hopkinb @veronese68

I knew I could rely on you cultured chaps, thank you
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    @tlw1 I'll be in the gun metal bmw unless my mate drives haha. driving or riding this weekend?

@seanoconn pretty special that, what will you do to ensure the family name remains upstanding?
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

This proper impressive.
    but would he still have to audition to join London Dynamo though?
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Ciao

Scotland.

Ffs.

You have to go on the A82 north towards Glencoe and Glencoe itself. Scotland is stunning in places. Where are you stationed?
    Oban
    Mull
    Cambletown
    Gairloch
    Pitlochry
    Rannoch moors
    Western Isles... I could recommend many places to see.

Utterly stunning (if you can see it through the mist and fog).
    We're out in the absolute middle of nowhere playing silly buggers.

Spoke to someone who knows the area well and yup, you be correct - says exactly the same as you: utterly lovely, complete playground.
  • seanoconn
    Flâneur said:

@tlw1 I'll be in the gun metal bmw unless my mate drives haha. driving or riding this weekend?

@seanoconn pretty special that, what will you do to ensure the family name remains upstanding?

Marry the last of the bloodline and dilute her heritage with my Anglo-Irish mediocrity of course.
  • seanoconn
    Oops, stumbled onto the Adult XXX channel, how do I get out again!? 187 channels of filth. This might take a while.