GCN Plus App

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,874
    edited May 2022

pmannion9 said:

Its not great all right...
    Is there a cycling version of the Eurosport Player still ie Discovery + ?
    Or do you have to pay far more for it ?
    I only want to watch the racing really - the other documentaries i relay don't get time to watch...or even forget they are there !!!

I had a quick look and as far as can tell, it's still possible to subscribe to the Eurosport player for £39-99, without forking out nearly twice as much for Discovery+.

https://auth.eurosportplayer.com/product
    Your search engine is better than mine. All I get for a new account is shown below.
    Discovery only, includes ES. Give me a heads up at the start of March 2023. 😉

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    My better half has just bought an Amazon Prime fire stick as our 8year old smart tv struggles with at times to get a signal and is not compatible with many apps.
    The bonus is I can watch GCN / Eurosport on the TV now rather than just on my IPad.
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293
    The only real issue I have with the App now is on my Android pad. While watching the race/documentary is happy in either Landscape or Portrait, it will only let me navigate around in portrait. As my pad lives in a dock permanently (landscape ) it's annoying as hell.
  • wavefront
    wavefront Posts: 397
    I don’t know when it updated but the GCN app is now on my Samsung smart tv (a few years old now) and seems to work really well. Finally, I’m not watching races or documentaries on a tiny screen on my phone. I can actually see what’s going on now!
  • My GCN app has just stopped working with Chromecast on Android phone, have contacted them.
    Still able to watch via laptop, but a bit annoying!
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    webboo said:

My better half has just bought an Amazon Prime fire stick as our 8year old smart tv struggles with at times to get a signal and is not compatible with many apps.
    The bonus is I can watch GCN / Eurosport on the TV now rather than just on my IPad.

Just realised I can now watch a race on the TV and another on my IPad at the same time.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,392
    I find the chromecast button on the app only works when I have the screen in landscape, for no obvious reason. Don't know if that might apply to others but something to check maybe.

Otherwise it seems to do what I want...
  • Got mine working again, app reinstallation and phone restart etc.!
    On mine the Chromacast button only works in portrait :D
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,451
    For some reason the VOD for Giro stage 10 is missing. Only the extended highlights are available atm. 🤬
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • bm5
    bm5 Posts: 559
    Missing on Eurosport app too.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,392
    m.r.m. said:

For some reason the VOD for Giro stage 10 is missing. Only the extended highlights are available atm. 🤬

This is missing because they needed to edit out McEwan's homophobic "slip of the tongue" or whatever it was.

• Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,156
    edited May 2022
    Deleted. Discussed enough in stage 12 already.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    Anyone else had their Firestick version of GCN die on them ?
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,822
    edited June 2022

Anyone else had their Firestick version of GCN die on them ?

Yup, really frustrated with this - restarted tv/fire stick, log out/in still the same. Worked ok on my IPad so I finally uninstalled and reinstalled the app on the fire stick and it works perfectly now - give that a try !
    Not sure if the app needed an update - hadn’t seen a message to indicate it did but the reinstall process sorted it out.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    Cool thanks will give that a try
  • JimD666
    Yeah, getting "Content Unavailable" message's. Restarted the app no change, reinstalled the app also no change.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    Same message here... will post if reinstalling works for me
  • JimD666
    Now getting "missing package" error on all shows/races/highlights
  • JimD666
    Sent in a error report via the website. May sort itself out overnight with a little luck
  • jimmythecuckoo
    The reinstall has worked so far on both my fire sticks.

Hang in there @JimD666
  • JimD666
    edited June 2022
    Weird not worked on either of mine 🤯

I'll factory reset the silly things later and see if that sorts it out

EDIT: Factory reset hasn't helped. Awaiting help from support.
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,168
    pblakeney said:

pmannion9 said:

Its not great all right...
    Is there a cycling version of the Eurosport Player still ie Discovery + ?
    Or do you have to pay far more for it ?
    I only want to watch the racing really - the other documentaries i relay don't get time to watch...or even forget they are there !!!

I had a quick look and as far as can tell, it's still possible to subscribe to the Eurosport player for £39-99, without forking out nearly twice as much for Discovery+.

https://auth.eurosportplayer.com/product
    Your search engine is better than mine. All I get for a new account is shown below.
    Discovery only, includes ES. Give me a heads up at the start of March 2023. 😉

Same here; I got an email reminder, but ignored it. Went to Eurosport Player, and was taken to the Discovery+ page; wanted all my details again, and £59.99 for the year.... :o
    A jump of £20.00....that's steep.
    Went back to the reminder e-mail link; and was taken to Eurosport; still £39.99....
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • jimmythecuckoo
    JimD666 said:

If it helps I cleared cache and data before uninstall/reinstall
  • JimD666

JimD666 said:

If it helps I cleared cache and data before uninstall/reinstall
    Yeah so did I on the initial uninstall. The fact it's still going on after a factory reset (and on two separate sticks) suggests there something iffy going on with my account. I just keep getting "Please reinstall the App" from support. My last reply to them may of been a little...short.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    hahaha... I bet it was.
  • JimD666
    edited June 2022
    New Email from support.....oh dear.

"We're aware of an issue and are working to fix it." - Ah Cool there is an actual problem.

"You must remove and reinstall the App and then it will work" - Hang on a moment. You've just said your working on fixing it. What's the point of of reinstalling it if you haven't finished fixing the %$$&ing thing?!

• takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,806
    Its these issues that are stopping me reinstalling.

I have Eurosport through Sky and apart from this week pretty much everything is on there
  • JimD666
    edited June 2022
    Back up and running as of last night. Errors at their end and a serious case of PEBCAK at this end 😳
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,371
    Couldn't play any content last night. Cleared data, cleared cache, uninstalled, reinstalled and it was working again
  • bianchi_dave
    bianchi_dave Posts: 932
    Discount available for BC members - £29.99 (25% off ahead of Tour) if anyone's interested.
    Scott Foil RC
    Scott Addict RC
    Trek Emonda