wednesday down in flames, down in flames

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    pinno said:

sungod said:

pinno said:

However, dreams of a Master olympic or simla' with Campag throughout would satisfy that older Campag fetish...

Where do you get 'period' 32 hole rims?

i once pondered getting some olde campag rims (but went with ambrosio nemesis in the end) there were plenty on ebay, both used and nos

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAMPAGNOLO-SEOUL-1988-WHITE-LABEL-MATT-SILVER-TUBULAR-RIMS-700x20c-32-SPOKE-VGC/402801699083
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=campagnolo+rims+vintage&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=campagnolo+rims
    Interesting.

I do think MA40's 'cos not sure about having tubs.
    Mind you, it will probably be ridden in dry weather (once in a blue moon - 'cos it's Jockland innit).
    I'd veer towards the open pro's VN mentioned if I did.
    Sorry, ignorance on my part. I thought the open part of the name Open Pro meant they were all for clinchers, I have a set of 32 hole clinchers in the CD finish, they look remarkably like the old GP4 tubular rims I had on the Chesini. The ones I have are currently on disc hubs as there were no 700c disc rims at a reasonable price when I had my first set of disc wheels built. Was going to rebuild them on to some old style hubs for the Chesini when it gets repaired. Looks like the clinchers are no longer made, probably as they are out of date to many. This is what I was thinking of:
    https://www.godleyscycles.co.uk/parts-c7/wheels-c8/rims-mavic-open-pro-cd-32h-p20780
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    pinno said:

sungod said:

pinno said:

However, dreams of a Master olympic or simla' with Campag throughout would satisfy that older Campag fetish...

Where do you get 'period' 32 hole rims?

i once pondered getting some olde campag rims (but went with ambrosio nemesis in the end) there were plenty on ebay, both used and nos

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAMPAGNOLO-SEOUL-1988-WHITE-LABEL-MATT-SILVER-TUBULAR-RIMS-700x20c-32-SPOKE-VGC/402801699083
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=campagnolo+rims+vintage&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=campagnolo+rims
    Interesting.

I do think MA40's 'cos not sure about having tubs.
    Mind you, it will probably be ridden in dry weather (once in a blue moon - 'cos it's Jockland innit).
    I'd veer towards the open pro's VN mentioned if I did.
    go for tubs 'cause they're like proper, innit
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    Brightened up nicely out there today. Left work earlyish and managed a sub 30min ride home for the first time since recording them...which was nice (in Patrick Nice style).
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

How did you fall into the brambles TLW? Combining your favourite pastimes?

Afraid not, fast decent and slow feet
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    tlw1 said:

Safest to stay in the pub and not run then 😁
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196

tlw1 said:

Barstools are seriously dangerous.
    ...and don't mention all the obstacles/sticky out things on the way to the men's room.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1

tlw1 said:

😂
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Barstools are seriously dangerous.
    ...and don't mention all the obstacles/sticky out things on the way to the men's room.
    Still safer
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Heh. Fcuk seeing double, I'm seeing triple. That ride to work tomorrow is going to be restorative.

Think I might give Mrs H³ a kiss and make up the sofa bed.

May jeebus bless you and keep you.

Back on the straight and narrow tomorrow.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Taking tomorrow morning off to go look at a house.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    in or out the smog?
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Flâneur said:

in or out the smog?

Out of the smog, but inside the M25. Its a village but not far from the 'burbs - semi smoggy?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Out of the smog, but inside the M25..

Contradiction in terms.

#banjoclub

• Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Contradiction in terms.

#banjoclub

Went for a recce this morning and there were a couple of piles of horseshit on the lane leading up to the place. Banjos at the ready.

I'll need a pub bike as well, some dark lanes with no paths to navigate between there and the village.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo_666 said:

Went for a recce this morning and there were a couple of piles of horseshit on the lane leading up to the place. Banjos at the ready.

Horseshit all over the auction in Wimbledon Village, though less than there was after they closed Ridgeway stables. I think anyone caught with a banjo up there would be lynched as a peasant up to no good. Though they do let the morris dancers caper about and engage in mummery outside the Rose and Crown and then the Hand in Hand on Boxing Day.

• tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Contradiction in terms.

#banjoclub

I'll need a pub bike as well, some dark lanes with no paths to navigate between there and the village.
    Always move in sight of a pub
  • Stevo_666
    edited April 2021
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

Horseshit all over the auction in Wimbledon Village, though less than there was after they closed Ridgeway stables. I think anyone caught with a banjo up there would be lynched as a peasant up to no good. Though they do let the morris dancers caper about and engage in mummery outside the Rose and Crown and then the Hand in Hand on Boxing Day.

We had country horse poo not townie horse poo. Luckily the surface of the lane is good enough to get the Panzer in and out without losing the sump but might be a bit iffy on a road bike. I'll take some pics when we go for the viewing proper next week.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Contradiction in terms.

#banjoclub

That's the only thing wrong with where we live now, there's only 2 pubs in the whole town and one of them I regard as a restaurant rather than a pub.

The other one has been refurbed recently (well pre-covid) and haven't seen what it's like since it was done. It used to be a bit shoite.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Contradiction in terms.

#banjoclub

I use staggering distance as my main criteria as its a bit hilly.
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Contradiction in terms.

#banjoclub

Will you be ok on the way up?
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Main reason we didn't buy in Muswell Hill, when we bought this place... no pubs except an O-Neill's. Unforgiveable in London.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Stevo_666
    edited April 2021
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Contradiction in terms.

#banjoclub

I'll use your strategy of driving to the pub, leaving the car there overnight and cycling back to recover it the next day. Maybe a van would be appropriate? :smile:
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Contradiction in terms.

#banjoclub

I'll use your strategy of driving to the pub, leaving the car there overnight and cycling back to recover ot next day. Maybe a van would be appropriate? :smile:
    It’s a great strategy!

You have space in the back of yours for a bike!
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Contradiction in terms.

#banjoclub

I'll use your strategy of driving to the pub, leaving the car there overnight and cycling back to recover ot next day. Maybe a van would be appropriate? :smile:
    It’s a great strategy!

You have space in the back of yours for a bike!
    Cracking bit of foresight buying that estate...although bike both ways to and from the boozer is plenty doable, as long as the Mrs doesn't want to tag along :p I reckon the communter could spend its twilight years as a pub bike/ride to train station bike.
  • pinno
    Is staggering downhill home preferable to staggering uphill?

I found that I was waaaay more likely to get home by bike whilst drunk than by foot. Seemed intuitive.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

I found that I was waaaay more likely to get home by bike whilst drunk than by foot. Seemed intuitive.

I might find out later this year.
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    pinno said:

Tlw would probably say it isn't preferable, unless you're keen to get acquainted with the brambles.
  • tlw1
    nibnob21 said:

pinno said:

Tlw would probably say it isn't preferable, unless you're keen to get acquainted with the brambles.
    Brambles occurred whilst sober 😳
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

I might find out later this year.
    look forward to the invite
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,610
    You gotta fight for your right to partay...