tuesday well sixty days ago, she was such a lovely child, now here she is with a gun in her hand

'ning

ride, cafe, wfh a smidge, bask again if sunny, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
«1

Comments

  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, fog and frost free, tigger walked, early ride , doctors appointment later
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,001
    Walk hounds, rest foot and board call.

    Wife at work today and kitchen is a dust bowl so bought various types of pot noodle type things

    Later is a run with some friends
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    edited April 2021
    Morning. Dog walked, ride to work shortly. Bloody glorious ride home yesterday, that time of year when completely different clothes needed for ride in and ride home.

    Doggo cleared by the vets yesterday afternoon so got to have a good run and a play around the garden for the first time in a week.
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,723
    Up early today (for me), misty outside so charging rear flashing light ready for the ride to work that I’m not looking forward to. Still it’s not raining…

    Glad the doggo’s been cleared nibnob at least he’ll be happy to be out in this stuff – more tea…
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    Dog walked, early wfh as waiting for the Gas Board to come and look at a broken boiler, ride into work after that, marking work, dull.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Monring, blue skys far as the eye can see here. Dog not walked (vets orders) she doesn't seem worried shes laying in the sun charging up currently with a toy.

    Today will consist of chasing companies for delivery updates, Suez and Brexit combo still punching in the gentleman sausage area.
    Orders for myself and work both stuck in various places or just not arrived, fun times.

    Anyway coffee please
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,520
    edited April 2021
    Morning. Dogs walked. WFW, bright sunny morning, onwards and upwards. Enjoy.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    'ning

    Lovely day out, cannot be jeffed with work.
    Ben

    Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,837
    step83 said:

    Monring...
    Today will consist of chasing companies for delivery updates, Suez and Brexit combo still punching in the gentleman sausage area.

    Don't they have air freight in F1?
    Or is this budgeting?

    Sunny! (Unexpectedly). Sod work Ben i'm off for a pedal.

    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    WFH including a 5 hour long Teams meeting this afternoon...

    2 new sofas being delivered this morning (1 a sofa bed). Been waiting an age for them.

    On the phone to the Doc this morning, prescribing more antibiotics for my gammy knee, ten days worth this time rather than just 5. Not getting my hopes up tbh.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Ben6899 said:

    'ning

    Lovely day out, cannot be jeffed with work.

    Correct.

    Even more so as my first born would have been 18 today.

    Hoping to take a couple of hours out later to visit where we scattered her ashes and say hello.
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    Sorry to hear that hopkinb, can understand why motivation levels may be low! A beautiful day to spend some time outdoors and remember her though.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    elbowloh said:

    WFH including a 5 hour long Teams meeting this afternoon...

    2 new sofas being delivered this morning (1 a sofa bed). Been waiting an age for them.

    On the phone to the Doc this morning, prescribing more antibiotics for my gammy knee, ten days worth this time rather than just 5. Not getting my hopes up tbh.

    In order:

    Jeebus, 5 hours! Turn your camera off, pleading duff internet, read a book.

    Hurrah! I hope they fit through doors. We ordered a sofa bed that the shop swore blind would fit, it didn't, so it had to go back.

    Can you not just amputate, hit it with a hammer, set it on fire and chuck it over the fence into the neighbour's garden? Works for most stuff on here.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    hopkinb said:

    Ben6899 said:

    'ning

    Lovely day out, cannot be jeffed with work.

    Correct.

    Even more so as my first born would have been 18 today.

    Hoping to take a couple of hours out later to visit where we scattered her ashes and say hello.

    Thoughts with you, Hop.
    Ben

    Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    pinno said:

    step83 said:

    Monring...
    Today will consist of chasing companies for delivery updates, Suez and Brexit combo still punching in the gentleman sausage area.

    Don't they have air freight in F1?
    Don't you just stick it in a fast car and send it over land?

  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    hopkinb said:

    Ben6899 said:

    'ning

    Lovely day out, cannot be jeffed with work.

    Correct.
    Meh, take the whole day/afternoon off. Sorry to hear about the anniversary.
    hopkinb said:


    Jeebus, 5 hours! Turn your camera off, pleading duff internet, read a book.

    Or he could invite one of us and we could keep sharing pictures of rear mechs until the end it early.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Today's been shyte, but much improved after ringing the barbers to book a haircut and they've said come down after lunch we're not busy.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,934
    Cycled into town today for a change of scenery. As nibnob says, much warmer later on so will need to shed the jacket for the ride home.

    Currently sitting in a watch place while they fix a fiddly little pin thing on a watch bracelet. May as well make use of being in The Big Smoke.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    hopkinb said:

    Ben6899 said:

    'ning

    Lovely day out, cannot be jeffed with work.

    Correct.

    Even more so as my first born would have been 18 today.

    Hoping to take a couple of hours out later to visit where we scattered her ashes and say hello.
    Thinking of you H3 - here if you need a shoulder.

    M
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    hopkinb said:

    elbowloh said:

    WFH including a 5 hour long Teams meeting this afternoon...

    2 new sofas being delivered this morning (1 a sofa bed). Been waiting an age for them.

    On the phone to the Doc this morning, prescribing more antibiotics for my gammy knee, ten days worth this time rather than just 5. Not getting my hopes up tbh.

    In order:

    Jeebus, 5 hours! Turn your camera off, pleading duff internet, read a book.

    Hurrah! I hope they fit through doors. We ordered a sofa bed that the shop swore blind would fit, it didn't, so it had to go back.

    Can you not just amputate, hit it with a hammer, set it on fire and chuck it over the fence into the neighbour's garden? Works for most stuff on here.
    I know, it's end of year performance review for my business unit - so will be thrilling.

    Sofa bed came in fine. The other bigger sofa, we ordered with removable arms so all good. this is after one previous sofa had to be sent back as the delivery guys couldn't get it in.

    If the ABs don't work, i'll try hammer/fire method.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    nibnob21 said:

    Sorry to hear that hopkinb, can understand why motivation levels may be low! A beautiful day to spend some time outdoors and remember her though.

    Just wanted to echo this.

    Thoughts are with you and your family hoppy.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,001
    Hopkinb - 😢
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,001
    edited April 2021
    Looks almost finished to me


  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,837
    ^ Lick of paint, it'll be fine.
    thistle_ said:

    pinno said:


    Don't they have air freight in F1?

    Don't you just stick it in a fast car and send it over land?



    Dodgems in Afghanistan.
    Max - your wheels are in the post. All 3 of them.

    What a wrench Hoppy.



    One of the MF's let me in.
    One of those days where I thought 'i'm wearing too many clothes' and then in the headwind and the sun disappearing behind cloud 'bollox, i'm not wearing enough clothing'.


    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,610
    Some interesting detailing in the finishes there @tlw1

    Day of taxi duty, and not much else, although I did manage a half hour on the turbo for the first time in weeks. Can't rest hands on bars though as that gives me almost instant pins & needles in arms and hands. Feckit.

    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,570
    Afternoon folks,
    TLW, how does stuff not fall off that table?
    Thoughts with you H³, if you want to pop round for a beer and talk bollox you are always welcome. We can pretend we're fixing bicycles.
    Busy day of wfh, phone keeps interrupting me so I can't just go and sit in the garden. It's warmer out there than in here.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    pinno said:

    step83 said:

    Monring...
    Today will consist of chasing companies for delivery updates, Suez and Brexit combo still punching in the gentleman sausage area.

    Don't they have air freight in F1?
    Or is this budgeting?

    Sunny! (Unexpectedly). Sod work Ben i'm off for a pedal.

    Yeah its mainly air freight, well land haul this leg as its Italy to Portugal. Stuff I've been chasing is IT kit which comes on the ol slow boats from China, an then the item for me is coming across from Germany but the lorry with it and the rest of the delivery has been held basically because it has high value items in it.
    Its a large delivery for an electronics company and contains graphics cards which are rarer than gold plated rocking horse poo of late. Give you an idea, a top end card that retails for £1500 will currently sell for £2500 at least, an all I'm after is a bloody computer case.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,024
    Best wishes hb. Time not that much of healer really.

    'Tis a grand day to be an outdoors worker, especially when finish early pm. Retired indoors now, too much sun... 😎
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,520
    pinno said:

    ^ Lick of paint, it'll be fine.

    thistle_ said:

    pinno said:


    Don't they have air freight in F1?
    Don't you just stick it in a fast car and send it over land?



    Dodgems in Afghanistan.
    Max - your wheels are in the post. All 3 of them.

    What a wrench Hoppy.



    One of the MF's let me in.
    One of those days where I thought 'i'm wearing too many clothes' and then in the headwind and the sun disappearing behind cloud 'bollox, i'm not wearing enough clothing'.




    24inch inside leg?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,837
    seanoconn said:


    24inch inside leg?

    Hang on...

    seanoconn - gruagach craic!