Picture of rear mech for MattFalle

Comments

  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Is it working proper now?
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,659
    edited April 2021
    I didn't know he liked them THAT much - here's my initial contribution:


    P.S @thistle_ that is quite the climb in the 1st pic, that will need a small gear!
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,216
    MattFalle said:

    Is it working proper now?

    Yeah for now, temporary fix until proper parts arrive i.e. not one that I made myself.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,216
    daniel_b said:

    I didn't know he liked them THAT much - here's my initial contribution:

    Suppose really we should be sharing pics of bottom brackets not mechs in this bit of the forum.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,712
    thistle_ said:

    daniel_b said:

    I didn't know he liked them THAT much - here's my initial contribution:

    Suppose really we should be sharing pics of bottom brackets not mechs in this bit of the forum.
    Carry on but leave me out of it.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,766
    edited April 2021
    bb, i really should dust

    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686

    Ben

    Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,232
    ^^^^
    Overly fussy maybe but I decided that alloy skewers suited the chrome and alloy derailleur better.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    pblakeney said:

    ^^^^
    Overly fussy maybe but I decided that alloy skewers suited the chrome and alloy derailleur better.

    This is an old school closed cam Shimano that I managed to get my hands on - needed to give sufficient grip on the chromed dropout. Got the feelers out for a nicer looking one!
    Ben

    Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,712

    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,712

    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,712
    sungod said:

    bb, i really should dust

    What's that - a Cinelli XCR? Welded Columbus.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,232
    edited April 2021
    Ben6899 said:

    pblakeney said:

    ^^^^
    Overly fussy maybe but I decided that alloy skewers suited the chrome and alloy derailleur better.

    This is an old school closed cam Shimano that I managed to get my hands on - needed to give sufficient grip on the chromed dropout. Got the feelers out for a nicer looking one!
    What you need is a set of these - 😎
    Just check the length. Edit - Just spotted it is front only. Keep looking. 😉

    https://www.condorcycles.com/collections/skewers/products/campagnolo-chorus-classic-quick-release-skewer

    Stopgap if you are not a purist.

    https://www.tredz.co.uk/.ETC-QR-Skewers-Pair_34379.htm?sku=79861&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google_shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjwse-DBhC7ARIsAI8YcWIP2LZjXNr2F_7fKRUZ0uij2nbJlIE6NKzDINYugRyZ5V8jF71wq5gaAj1AEALw_wcB#
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,712
    pblakeney said:

    Ben6899 said:

    pblakeney said:

    ^^^^
    Overly fussy maybe but I decided that alloy skewers suited the chrome and alloy derailleur better.

    This is an old school closed cam Shimano that I managed to get my hands on - needed to give sufficient grip on the chromed dropout. Got the feelers out for a nicer looking one!
    What you need is a set of these - 😎
    Just check the length. Edit - Just spotted it is front only. Keep looking. 😉

    https://www.condorcycles.com/collections/skewers/products/campagnolo-chorus-classic-quick-release-skewer
    That's quite cheap.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,519
    pblakeney said:

    Ben6899 said:

    pblakeney said:

    ^^^^
    Overly fussy maybe but I decided that alloy skewers suited the chrome and alloy derailleur better.

    This is an old school closed cam Shimano that I managed to get my hands on - needed to give sufficient grip on the chromed dropout. Got the feelers out for a nicer looking one!
    What you need is a set of these - 😎
    Just check the length.

    https://www.condorcycles.com/collections/skewers/products/campagnolo-chorus-classic-quick-release-skewer
    But the rear won't match
    https://www.condorcycles.com/products/campagnolo-record
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,766
    pinno said:

    sungod said:

    bb, i really should dust

    What's that - a Cinelli XCR? Welded Columbus.
    my xcr, the grease looks very blue in the pic, not that vivid in real life
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,712
    edited April 2021
    sungod said:

    pinno said:

    sungod said:

    bb, i really should dust

    What's that - a Cinelli XCR? Welded Columbus.
    my xcr, the grease looks very blue in the pic, not that vivid in real life
    A grease with water resistant properties? Admit it - it's Hylomar.

    Go on - describe what the xcr iis like to ride. I presume you take this to the land of volcanoes and Tabby's?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,766
    pinno said:

    sungod said:

    pinno said:

    sungod said:

    bb, i really should dust

    What's that - a Cinelli XCR? Welded Columbus.
    my xcr, the grease looks very blue in the pic, not that vivid in real life
    A grease with water resistant properties? Admit it - it's Hylomar.

    Go on - describe what the xcr iis like to ride. I presume you take this to the land of volcanoes and Tabby's?
    skf lghp2 grease - sram say use it, use if for most other things needing grease, seems very water resistant

    yes the xcr travels with me, i ride it pretty much every day since the first lockdown

    i find it lovely to ride, 'alive', the frame rings if you flick it with a finger, on a smooth road once above about 50kph the road/tyre buzz excites the resonance so that there's a faint 'howl' audible when there's a tailwind to cut wind noise

    and of course, it's shiny
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    long cage off the S3, I'll get a piccie if short cage from N1 in a bit


    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    yukky crappy bolt wasn't my idea - was on the mech when I bought it 2nd hand and have yet to track down a black one/paint it black.
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    short cage 10 speed on N1


    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,232
    edited April 2021
    Short cage 11 speed on the Master.
    Not a specific photo. This is cropped from the top of Galibier as shown by the gearing. 😉


    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    SRAM Apex long cage on mahoosif cassette on 1x Boardman in Italy a couple of summers ago.

    Feel the heat from the tiles....


    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170


    One large cassette, should probably clean that too
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,712
    [Pedant mode: ON]

    Step - any chance your Jockey wheel is too far from the cassette?

    [Pedant mode: OFF]
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Probably, its shifting fine though