Thursday, hold on, what would happen to this package, if we activated it

Morning, frosty start again, I am now officially on gardening leave, Tigger walked, car to wash, bike to ride, shopping to do
Have agood day

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    'ning
    Frosty
    Yoga'd
    WFH
    Might fix a mech later

Didn't realise you'd got instant retirement, you'd think you'd have a week or two to hand over.
    Mind you, our place laid off a load of people and stuck them on gardening leave causing chaos for the rest of us.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Morning folks,
    First Thursday morning mild hangover of the year is in evidence. Wobble to work beckons. LD's day sounds better
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    Early start for me today as stuff is piling up.

A possible first venture in to publand is on the cards tonight.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Morning all

Bright but cold here, coffee being coffee'd. Apols for no chaos causing yesterday, lets just say the jab mad life alternative for 24 hours. Now back up and limping along as per normal.

Put it this way - if that was a smaller version of COVID I really, really don't want the real thing.

LD - is this congrats needed? Whats the plan?

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    edited April 2021
    We are now at the rapid disappearance of holiday time 😢 but having a ball so really 😎

Hounds walked, tea being drank before a run with the wild horses (yesterday’s encounter - only landscape pic I took, the other will look like the horses are breakdancing)

Think it’s the beach later, tbh not bothered, happy to do whatever the family want
  • MattFalle
    breakdancing horses?

coooooool.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

Morning, frosty start again, I am now officially on gardening leave, Tigger walked, car to wash, bike to ride, shopping to do
    Have agood day

Just in time for warmer spring and summer, lucky bugger 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    MattFalle said:

breakdancing horses?

coooooool.

I want to see one headspin
  • MattFalle
    that would be mega.

we soooo need to see them
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    'ning!

Second coffee coffee'd. First breakfast had.

One meeting today, and probably a handful of phone calls with solicitor and estate agent - future neighbour being a bit of a Coopster...
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • MattFalle
    Ben6899 said:

'ning!

One meeting today, and probably a handful of phone calls with solicitor and estate agent - future neighbour being a bit of a Coopster...

do you want me to send someone round to err, explain how it works on Ben's manor?
  • MattFalle
    step83 said:

MattFalle said:

breakdancing horses?

coooooool.

I want to see one headspin
    or moonwalk. or windmill.

or anything.

we neeeeeed them.
  • Ben6899
    MattFalle said:

Ben6899 said:

'ning!

do you want me to send someone round to err, explain how it works on Ben's manor?

I'm hoping "tell them to go bollocks" has got the message across.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    maybe they're just wearing Run DMC t-shirts and gold chains
  • Ben6899
    nibnob21 said:

maybe they're just wearing Run DMC t-shirts and gold chains

Is this the horses or my future neighbour?
    Ben

• MattFalle
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128
    'ning

nippy ride, another seated cafe experience, wfh already fired off a few shots at gmc targets of opportunity, couple of webexes coming in which i shall be striking down with great vengeance and furious anger, cafe, arrange to replenish the bubbly reserves, laze, bubbly
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MattFalle
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    Coffee. Fettle. Ride. PUB!! Beers 'n' chatter in the sunshine. Ride. Snooze. Plan.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Somewhat pleased to open my calendar and discover the presentation I finished yesterday is not due to be given until tomorrow - I am ahead of myself. This does not happen often.

I want to see horses breakdancing to music from a ghetto blaster on little bits of lino outside Beatties model shop in the Palisades shopping centre over Birmingham New Street Station circa 1983. Niche I know, and unlikely to be captured in Cornwall in 2021, but see what you can manage?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128
    hopkinb said:

... - I am ahead of myself. This does not happen often.

now you can look back and wave at that chap who did all the work for you
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    hopkinb said:

Somewhat pleased to open my calendar and discover the presentation I finished yesterday is not due to be given until tomorrow - I am ahead of myself. This does not happen often.

I want to see horses breakdancing to music from a ghetto blaster on little bits of lino outside Beatties model shop in the Palisades shopping centre over Birmingham New Street Station circa 1983. Niche I know, and unlikely to be captured in Cornwall in 2021, but see what you can manage?

Ah Beatties, not that particular one, but i used to love that shop.

There's still a model shop in the town i grew up in. Proper old school shop, boxes of models piled up high, floor to ceiling, with very narrow aisles, shoulders brushing boxes as you walked through. Grumpy old guy in army surplus clothing behind the counter.

Would spend hours just looking through the piles of boxes just discovering what they had. They also did RC cars/boats/planes etc which i dreamed of owning, but might has well have been the real thing in terms of affordability for me.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    sungod said:

hopkinb said:

you want to get a mirror so you can see the slow H3 catch you up after the MASSIVE NUMBERS AND POWER you have been putting out to get ahead of yourself.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    MattFalle said:
    I'm missing something or i'm stupid - why was it flagged?

I have never heard 'Newport' and 'good' in the same sentence.

Porker #1 fettling today.
    Bit goosed after yesterday's silly notion to go up Craigcaffie and then over moors the long way round.
    Of course, the sun only popped out proper once I had got home and showered.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    elbowloh said:

Would spend hours just looking through the piles of boxes just discovering what they had. They also did RC cars/boats/planes etc which i dreamed of owning, but might has well have been the real thing in terms of affordability for me.

Same here - I'd get a WMPTE child's travel card with a mate, get the train from Cov to New Street, and spend hours in the shop, dreaming of what it would be like to own a Tamiya RC car. Always on my christmas list, but that swine St Nick never brought me one.

• hopkinb
    MattFalle said:

sungod said:

hopkinb said:

you want to get a mirror so you can see the slow H3 catch you up after the MASSIVE NUMBERS AND POWER you have been putting out to get ahead of yourself.
    sungod said:

hopkinb said:

Cor, he's a bit fat - needs to get out on his bike more.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Weathers deceptive, thought it looked nice out, forgot it was frosty this morning, opened the window for some what I though was nice fresh warm air, nope baltic breeze blew in dog shrivelled into a tight ball, OH hissed and hid under a blanket. Needless to say it was closed raipidly.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    hopkinb said:

elbowloh said:

Same here - I'd get a WMPTE child's travel card with a mate, get the train from Cov to New Street, and spend hours in the shop, dreaming of what it would be like to own a Tamiya RC car. Always on my christmas list, but that swine St Nick never brought me one.

Made a few models as a kiddie, the usual spitfires and Lancaster bombers. One of my dads friends gave me a large model of a Sopwith Camel with I hung from the ceiling.

Being obsessed with guns at that age I made a model 357 magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world at the time and would blow your head clean off. Bloody realistic too, as were all my 50 plus hand guns, machine guns and assorted rifles. I was storing them in my parents loft ready to hand down to my son who would have absolutely loved them ( difficult to buy realistic toy guns these days) but my mum binned the lot. Still haven’t forgiven her.

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    seanoconn said:

Made a few models as a kiddie, the usual spitfires and Lancaster bombers. One of my dads friends gave me a large model of a Sopwith Camel with I hung from the ceiling.

Being obsessed with guns at that age I made a model 357 magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world at the time and would blow your head clean off. Bloody realistic too, as were all my 50 plus hand guns, machine guns and assorted rifles. I was storing them in my parents loft ready to hand down to my son who would have absolutely loved them ( difficult to buy realistic toy guns these days) but my mum binned the lot. Still haven’t forgiven her.

Don't get me started on that. My mum binned (well took to the jumble sale) all my and my brother's star wars toys. Bloody loads of them, millenium falcon, x-wings, At-At etc I think i had a few rare figures. They weren't boxed or anything, but they were all in really good condition and still worth a fare old bit.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    Due to most people being in here, are these any good for my Trek Domane? (yes I know it says so) Just asking if anyone has used them.
    I normally get my bearings through our engineering supplier but they're struggling with these sizes.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TREK-MADONE-DOMANE-EMONDA-HEADSET-BEARINGS-STEEL-UPPER-STAINLESS-STEEL-LOWER-/143133342808
    Advocate of disc brakes.