Parlee Z-Zero Frame & Fork - unique opportunity

swiftair
swiftair Posts: 7
edited May 2021 in Second hand road bikes
Parlee bikes are rated among the top bikes in the world. They are considered the King of carbon bikes. Riding a Parlee is like riding no other bike. See parleecycles.com and reviews for more information about these remarkable bikes.

I am selling my 2016 Parlee Z-Zero frame set. See this image of the built bike.
https://imgur.com/nuOKHB6

It is wax finish, lightly used and in pristine condition without any marks or scratches. It is built for rim brakes.

I am open to sensible offers. The current cost of a new Parlee Z-Zero frame set is just under £8,000 and there is a four month waiting list. This is a unique opportunity to acquire a Z-Zero well below the cost of a new frame set.

See more photos and a CAD pdf of bike dimensions here:
https://sites.google.com/view/parleebikeforsale/homehttps://sites.google.com/view/parleebikeforsale/home

Comments

• velogee
    velogee Posts: 133
    price?
    Madone 4.9 2014
    Jeffsy 27.5 2018
  • swiftair
    Somewhere between a quarter and a third of the cost of a Parlee frame set new.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,625
    Why are you getting rid of it?
  • swiftair
    Good question. Z-zero owners keep their frames for life which is why there are no other pre owned Z-zeros available. But at age 74 I am treating myself to a new Parlee Z-Zero with a different spec.
  • swiftair
    If you want to check that my explanation for selling is genuine speak to Dan, head of sales at Bespoke Cycles. They are the main sellers of Parlee bikes in the UK and I am a long time customer.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,625
    Nice problem to have! Where to put all of the Parlee's. It is a lovely thing, and if I was in the market for a carbon fibre frame, I'd be sorely tempted. But, I'm not.

Someone should absolutely bite your hand off though, even for £3-£4k. If I were you I'd post the frame measurements so you target people who might fit it. That said, if I were you I would keep it.

You are going to get a disc version aren't you?.... The fundamental issue with disc frames (in my opinion) is that the front fork has to be stiff to avoid setting up a resonance. So you might find the rim brake version has the more supple feel. Not to sow doubt or anything...
  • swiftair
    Thank you First.Aspect
  • matt951
    matt951 Posts: 6
    Hi swiftair, just out of curiosity 🙄, could you share the measurements?
  • swiftair
    Yes but give me a few days as I am away. I will post it next week.
  • matt951
    No worries. Thanks
  • matt951
    Hi, just to get a rough steer, could you tell me your height and inside leg? Thanks!
  • swiftair
    5’10”. Don’t have a measure for inside leg with me at the moment.
  • matt951
    Ok thanks, it’s probably going to be a little too big for me. But thanks anyway
  • Check your messages. Interested...