Prime rr50 carbon rims

I put a post a few days ago about these rims having decided to go ahead and buy them I forgot to ask would they fit straight on to my allez elite as the stock rims are 23mm external width and the primes are 27.5 mm extetnal width would I need new callipers cheers Pete 👍

Comments

• super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,157
    The RR-50s are 27.5 mm external width at their widest point, which isn't the brake track. They are a fairly bulbous toroidal shape. With a 19mm internal width I would expect the brake track to be fairly similar to your existing wheels. You will need to fit the pads they come with (which are very good) but other than that you should just be able to fit them as is.
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    Should be fine, you may just need to adjust the cable to fit in the new wheels.
  • Cheers I’m ordering them later when home from work 👍
  • camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    Yes will definitely fit the Allez as I have them on mine 👌fantastic wheels for the money as well roll really well and I have no wear on the rims after 10,000km
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • Ok cheers my rims came today I tried to swap the carbon brake pads on to the stock axis callipers that came with the bike but they don’t fit I think I’m going to have to upgrade to 105 callipers
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    leave the quick release lever open until the brake pads wear down?
  • What I mean is the carbon pads that come with the wheels won’t slide in to the axis brakes
  • What I mean is the carbon pads that come with the wheels won’t slide in to the axis brakes

Did you manage to solve this?
    I have the same bike and am thinking of the same upgrade.

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Sorry - why do you think you have to change the whole caliper?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,610
    MattFalle said:

Sorry - why do you think you have to change the whole caliper?

Are you saying he might get away with just cartridge style 105 brake shoes?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    The Axis brake callipers look like they're already Shimano-fit cartridge type...

I'm confused.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/