Can Mavics from ~2013 be chnaged to XDR freehub

bad_ash
bad_ash Posts: 47
Per the title, I got my bike in 2014 and it came with Mavic Ksyrium Elites. The bike and the wheels are still in top condition*, and I'm considering electronic shifting upgrades. The bike has Sram Force 22, so I'm inclined to stick with Sram.

Unfortunately wth the orginal Sram Red eTap being discontinued** this means going down the XDR route, which means new crank, cassette, chain, BB & XDR freehub.

Doing some research it seems there is only one Mavic freehub available for the ID360, but it seems this only came out in the last couple of years.

Does anyone know of a way to convert or would going AXS require a new wheelset too?

* the shifting is off and I guess after 7 years it's time for new cables, which lead to me thinking about converting.

** I realise I can pay extortionate amounts for second hand Red eTap 11 speed components, but they are very scarce (couldn't find a FD anywhere yesterday, have now setup an eBay alert...), you pay a massive premium & of course there would be no warranty.

Comments

• david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    electronic shifting is great but very expensive. Are you sure some new cables £10 and a straightening of the mech wouldnt bring it back into tip top condition?