Zwift dropouts on mobile hotspot

This is more of an IT question than a Zwift or training question I think - however I don't want to join any more forums...

We've rented a lockup for storage etc. and I have just set the turbo up over there (has power). However I can't get wifi from my house there. So I have been using a hotspot on my phone instead.

This works fine except periodically all the riders disappear (even though the network stays connected). If I click the wifi icon in the system tray it seems to wake the connection up and all the other riders reappear, without me doing anything else.

I've been through all the obvious settings and turned off anything that looks like a timeout, and turned off the "metered connection" option (my computer automatically identifies it as a metered network, which I thought might be causing timeouts). But it still happens.

Any other suggestions from people who are more IT savvy than me? Thanks!

Comments

• PMark
    PMark Posts: 160
    I would look at getting 2 homeplug adapters, plug one in near the router and the other one in the garage. Should give you a more reliable connection than wifi/hotspot.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,420
    Yeah, unfortunately the lockup isn't directly connected to my house so the wired wireless connection isn't going to work.

Seems there's something on my computer which is sleeping the data connection, but I can't figure out what.