Fork Upgrades for 2021 Vitus Nucleus 27VR

Hi all - Looking for some advice upgrading the fork on my Nucleus. It comes standard with an SR Suntour XCR32 Air. It has 120mm of travel, a tapered steerer and 100x9mm QR. I'd like some more travel (ideally 140mm but I may condsider 130/150mm) and plushness. I'd like to know firstly what my options are without changing the front wheel or hub. If the 100x9mm QR is too limiting then I'd appreciate some advice on how to go about choosing a wheel or modifying the one I have, to accommodate a better fork. As many of you will know, this is only a £600 bike so I don't want to spend silly money. It would be nice if the whole upgrade cost less than £400 give or take. I did buy this bike as a little geeky upgrade project though so I don't mind pushing the budget a little for the right thing. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Before you change for longer travel forks you had better check with Vitus what maximum travel the frame will accommodate.
    By swapping to longer travel forks you will be increasing the axle to crown (A2C) length, raising the bb and possibly increasing the force on the head tube welds.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009