Ribble Bikes

Does anyone own a Ribble Endurance SL Disc?

Love the look of these bikes but the geometry chart makes them seem super long and low which flys in the face of the 'endurance' part of the name. Does anyone who owns one think they're more a race than an endurance style bike?

Thoughts much appreciated.

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    'Endurance' doesn't have to mean it looks like a shopping bike. An endurance bike is any bike you can be comfortable on for extended periods. Which can also, ironically, mean 'race' bikes too. Or indeed any other type of bike.
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    Would appear from a post back in January that @super_davo had one on order back then.

https://forum.bikeradar.com/discussion/13114542/cheap-chinese-carbon-wheels-post-brexit

Maybe you could message him to see if it has been delivered
  • rwoofer
    rwoofer Posts: 222
    I also find Ribble excessively aggressive in low stack in the larger sizes. The endurance SL stack is less than my 2018 Supersix Evo, which is considered an aggressive race bike. To me having handlebars 15cm below the saddle is simply not Endurance geometry.

Their new gravel bikes are just as bad.

• super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,134
    arlowood said:

Would appear from a post back in January that @super_davo had one on order back then.

https://forum.bikeradar.com/discussion/13114542/cheap-chinese-carbon-wheels-post-brexit

Maybe you could message him to see if it has been delivered

I got my Endurance SL mid March. It is very much a "race" geometry rather than "endurance" which was what I wanted anyway. With respect to the geometry, I think the fact it is the bike that Ribble Weldtite team race on (Dan Bigham, John Archibald et al) reveals considerably more than the name and any connotations of upright comfy cobble tamers it is associated with.

I was between small and medium so went for the small. Flip side of that is that I need to run a few spacers under the stem to get the saddle / bar drop right. If you go for the one piece bar that isn't an issue because the spacers blend in really well, but it doesn't look great with a conventional stem. I am sure I will upgrade down the line.

Lovely bike though, Ribble have really stepped up their game in the 10+ years since my last bike and the paint, packaging, build are all top notch.