'ning

temperature dropping, sigh

ride, cafe, cafe, smidge of wfh, laze, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    'Ning
    Been awake for ages. Don't mind too much right now but suspect I'll pay for it later.
    Vivid dreams last night and not sure what set that off.
    WFH, maybe a bike ride later. New normal and all that.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, it an overcoat colder this morning I doubt it will warm up in this northerly wind, best get the merino base layer out again
    Beside that tigger walked, breakfast consumed, coffee going down nicely
    Have a good day
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

on leave, bambini sitting. that's about it really.

will drink coffee. cabinet maker returning to finish boot room cleaner coming to clean hound snoring.

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Hounds walked, now work stuff, before fun bike and cider
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128
    brrrrr, north wind and several degrees colder than yesterday, forecast wintry

cafe stroll time
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,727
    sungod said:

brrrrr, north wind and several degrees colder than yesterday, forecast wintry

Not 'arf back to several layers. When out yesterday for good ride, felt weird in a short sleeve jersey and shorts at first, back for a reality check for Easter weekend Brrr

Shopping to do (Boo!) nothing much else, on the bright side I may/will nobble a cider or two later
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    WFH meetings all morning, wife's cousin coming over for lunch in the garden, then another B12 shot this afternoon to look forward to. I don't normally mind jobs, but these ones sting!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    Just landed at the desk and the kettle was already boiling. That's service for you.

Shopping after work to stock up for the alcoholic onslaught that is a bank holiday weekend.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    Been to pick up the shopping, click and collect.

Mrs Slog went into the store to pick up some flowers from the foyer, was out very quickly because the place was packed.

Like Charlie above, yesterday was my first ride of the year in shorts and short sleeves and even then i was too warm. What difference a day makes.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    FBM - ****ing busy morning. Not ACOAD territory yet but we'll see. Got a big court case coming up next week with €23m riding on it so squeaky but time soon.

At least the long weekend is close.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    been busy, busy, see. now flopped on couch while hound lies on the floor snoring and farting.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Long day dragging coursework out of year 13 students before the deadline hits. Quick visit to the supermarket, definitely caught the 9yo’s cold. Nice cuppa in a minute I think.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    oxoman said:

Bloody hell what's happened to everyone today. You sure as hell haven't flown away on holiday.

Trying to WFH but failing.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    oxoman said:

Bloody hell what's happened to everyone today. You sure as hell haven't flown away on holiday.

Endless meetings, we're exiting a lot of poorly performing investments. We want to try and keep or use losses. Also year end. Also appraisals, with one minion being a pain in my arse. Tbh, if he's that "demotivated" by no pay rise (hahahahahahaha) or promotion, I'd rather he left. No-one is irreplaceable, though he's trying to make himself so by never telling me what the fcuk he's up to. First I hear of things is when he's pissed someone off. He's had his final "friendly warning" from me, my boss, and head of HR. His targets around communication are ultra specific, if he fails to meet them he will be managed out for insubordination. I beat him to head of department, when he was the anointed one. He's been a pain ever since.

So, busy. Easter doesn't exist in Japan, so will remain so.

Beats ennui. Keeps me off the "seven percent solution", metaphorically speaking.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    I can recommend a 9.6% solution, Shattered Dream by Siren Craft Brew. 😉
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    hopkinb said:

oxoman said:

Endless meetings, we're exiting a lot of poorly performing investments. We want to try and keep or use losses. Also year end. Also appraisals, with one minion being a pain in my censored . Tbh, if he's that "demotivated" by no pay rise (hahahahahahaha) or promotion, I'd rather he left. No-one is irreplaceable, though he's trying to make himself so by never telling me what the fcuk he's up to. First I hear of things is when he's pissed someone off. He's had his final "friendly warning" from me, my boss, and head of HR. His targets around communication are ultra specific, if he fails to meet them he will be managed out for insubordination. I beat him to head of department, when he was the anointed one. He's been a pain ever since.

So, busy. Easter doesn't exist in Japan, so will remain so.

Beats ennui. Keeps me off the "seven percent solution", metaphorically speaking.
    - Year end - check.
    - Buying rather than selling - still
    - Fortunately minions all doing well, trying to get pay rises and/or more responsibility for two of them.
    - Periodic game of musical chairs in Tokyo means new head of finance who I know from when he was in Treasury and spent a fair bit of time outside of the Japanese bubble. Might unblock the Global stuff if I'm lucky.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    oxoman said:

Been busy me.

Tree stumps to incinerate the morra.

Wonderful day - no discernible breeze and virtually cloudless.

Snow on Monday :)

Pedalled yesterday in light longs but not shorts or ss jersey.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Got an unexpected increment as above the contribution point. back dated to sept 2020. B)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089

Got an unexpected increment as above the contribution point. back dated to sept 2020. B)

Taxable.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!