Tarmac refreshed and not replaced

slowmart
slowmart Posts: 4,480
edited March 2021 in Your road bikes
I was having a first world problem of justifying a new bike this year but i had trouble reconciling paying the inflated prices currently going around so a refresh was in order. S works aero bars through eBay, new brake hoses, gear cables, light weight inner tubes and a pair of tan wall tyres. More visual than real world gains but probably not far off performance wise when measured against an internal cabled bike in real world conditions, by that the majority of my riding is sub 20mph although 20.3mph last year for an hour lumpy ride is my usual benchmark ride. Interesting to see what the data says this year.

One deep clean later and I'm really happy with the look and reduced vibration though the carbon bars. The bars are more narrow and have a thinner diameter on the drops than my old bars which i'm currently adapting to....

“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu

Comments

• redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Good job!
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Saw the title of this thread and assumed it was going to be a complaint about road maintenance.

Nice bike though ;)
  • velogee
    velogee Posts: 133
    I am in the same boat - I want an aero bike with nice tire clearances and all the gainz, but prices, new and second hand are completely ridiculous. I very much like your bike and those bars look look awesome. Your shifters look a little splayed out; I'm a fan of turning them in a bit which in my mind makes me feel a little more aero.
    Madone 4.9 2014
    Jeffsy 27.5 2018
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Very nice indeed!