Merida Reacto 7000-E vs Orro Venturi STC

zanojosh
zanojosh Posts: 9
edited March 2021 in Road buying advice
Need some help deciding, which would you pick?

Merida Reacto 7000-E or Orro Venturi STC

Comments

• cookeeemonster
    cookeeemonster Posts: 1,991
    I picked that exact Venturi. Due in about a week or so :)

They’ll both be great bikes...the look and DI2 of the Orro swung it for me as well as the great reviews.

But it’ll be hard to go wrong with either
  • The Merida has Di2 as well
  • cookeeemonster

The Merida has Di2 as well

Good spot. That model wasn’t available when I was looking a couple months ago too
  • I’m having the exact same dilemma, found the Merida a bit cheaper than the Orro which makes the choice harder. The Orro definitely looks better and is better kitted out but worried about the position on the bike over longer distances, I like to hit 100k and over and it seems a bit low on the front end.
  • cookeeemonster

I’m having the exact same dilemma, found the Merida a bit cheaper than the Orro which makes the choice harder. The Orro definitely looks better and is better kitted out but worried about the position on the bike over longer distances, I like to hit 100k and over and it seems a bit low on the front end.

If you're on Facebook there's an Orro users group which would be quite useful to you. As well as better pics of each model and colour there are people with the same questions as this. Some went for the other Orro road model (the Gold) and some went for the Venturi and said it is fine for longer distances. I've yet to get it but I dont believe it's a super aggressive race model. Look on here to compare your current bike with the Venturo etc for stack and reach and so on: https://geometrygeeks.bike/
  • michaelpalmer_712
    edited April 2021
    Brilliant thanks, I’ll have a look on the Facebook page, I’ve looked in store as my lbs has one in my size, in red, looks a lot better in flesh than the online pictures.
    Currently on an old Synapse so it’s a massive change for me and in my mid 40’s so aero probably isn’t top priority for a bike I want to last years. But like I said it looks stunning.
    Also just found the Merida for closer to 3k, £600 on wheels on that would do me better I think, just wish there where some real world reviews as can’t find many people suggesting either bike when searching.
  • zanojosh
    zanojosh Posts: 9
    Thanks for the comments. I’m leaning towards the Orro now. It seems to have the better finishing kit. Also, from some reviews the Fulcrum Airbeat 40s are better then the DT Swiss P1800 Spline DB32s on the Merida.

One thing I’m still pondering over is whether I need the Di2. For someone like me who’s not a “racing snake” are they necessary? Your thoughts on the pros and cons would be much appreciated.
  • Not needed, it’s a nice to have, I’m having the same dilemma, look up replacement part costs and you’ll head towards non Di2, 😬.
  • cookeeemonster
    zanojosh said:

Thanks for the comments. I’m leaning towards the Orro now. It seems to have the better finishing kit. Also, from some reviews the Fulcrum Airbeat 40s are better then the DT Swiss P1800 Spline DB32s on the Merida.

One thing I’m still pondering over is whether I need the Di2. For someone like me who’s not a “racing snake” are they necessary? Your thoughts on the pros and cons would be much appreciated.</blockquote

Those DT Swiss wheels came on my canyon - they are a great 'standard/good value/everyday/commuter/winter' wheelset but the airbeats (if you choose that model) are going to be superior. Ideally you probably want deep rims on an aero bike and so factor that in on the price of the Merida.

I'm waiting on my DI2 model to come through but everyone I've spoken to has said you wont wanna go back once you have tried DI2. For me I love the fact it self adjusts the gears - my gears are constantly going out of whack it seems so that will be great for me (if you do your own maintenance, it may be a different story).

Also another consideration is that standard ultegra has a bigger delay than the DI2 model currently...also that may point you towards the Merida if that is available now.