Genesis flat bar road bike

masco1
masco1 Posts: 6
edited March 2021 in Second hand road bikes
Selling my lovely Genesis road bike. 58 cm white frame. Bought to cycle to work but have since moved jobs so it is superfluous to needs. Only used in dry weather. Full Shimano Ultegra groupset (10 speed), Shimano RS20 wheels, Continental tyres. Mint condition, very light and a joy to ride. Buyer will be very pleased with it.

£850

pictures here https://www.gumtree.com/p/bicycles/genesis-flat-bar-road-bike/1400356970

Comments

• joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    No price so open to offers? In that case I'll offer you £10 for it.
  • masco1
    masco1 Posts: 6
    ha! just edited it. Yours for £900...........and I'll courier it to you at your expense
  • joeyhalloran
    joeyhalloran Posts: 1,073
    Free to ignore me but £850 is a pretty high price for a flat bar, 10 speed bike with pretty average wheels.
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    edited March 2021

Free to ignore me but £850 is a pretty high price for a flat bar, 10 speed bike with pretty average wheels.

I think that the current climate has led to sellers taking a chance with asking prices as some people out there who are desperate enough for a bike they'll pay silly prices.

I doubt the bike cost much more than £850 to buy new when it was bought many years ago.
  • darrell1967
    darrell1967 Posts: 470
    Way too much.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,718
    Possible they bought it second hand and were ripped off - down to £600 now - I'd have thought he might be lucky to get £400 even with Covid factored in but not really sure what flat bar bikes go for.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]