Help!! never worked on an old Batavus Verona before and looking for the front drum cable

cant find what its called any help or uk links would be great guys. sorry if the post is in the wrong place not used forums much. thanks!!

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    edited March 2021
    Best bet is to repurpose the parts as best you can. If that's not possible then try https://www.dutchbikebits.com/ or find another Dutch Bike website.

Of course, that's a bit trickier than it was 3 months ago, but....

Google image Batavus brake cable is your best bet and find something that looks similar (it's probably 40 years old so it won't be exactly the same). The technology won't have changed...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • thank you bud i did have a look on that site but couldn't find the cable with the hanger part on the end as its a full set of cable and housing cant take the cable hanger off unlike the rear takes a standard brake cable that loops round 2 grub screws. i can do that but the front im struggling with finding.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    I suspect you can buy the bit at the bottom that loops around the arm. Then you'll have to work out how to fit it...

I'm far from an expert but I found it best to forget everything you know about modern precision bicycle engineering when dealing with dutch bikes and think way more Heath Robinson ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver