25mm tyres - all the same width?

Anyone got any info on true dimensions of current 25mm road tyres? I'm fairly sure Conti come up a bit wide but are others even wider?
Not happy with the 28mm Conti tyres on my CAAD12, just not enough clearance for safety, but would like a bit wider than 25mm, if possible.
Anyone

Comments

• johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Conti 4000 in 25mm always came up at 28+a bit when I used them. The 5000s I have now are a bit truer to size. I’ve got some 25s on a 19mm internal/27mm external rim now. If I get a chance I’ll measure them tomorrow for you.
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    Thanks.

For info, my 28mm Conti GP4000 are measuring 31.4mm on my 25mm wide Wheelsmith carbon rims.

My 25mm Vittoria Corsa G measure 27mm on similar Hunt carbon rims.
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    edited March 2021
    I have 28mm tubeless Conti GP 5000 on 17c fulcrum rims . They measure 27.8mm wide and about 25mm "high".
  • bondurant
    bondurant Posts: 858
    edited March 2021
    Another factor, as alluded to above, is that the rim width will affect the tyre width also...what is the internal width of the rims you have got?

I have some 25mm Michelin Pro 4s on some rims with 17.5mm internal width and the tyre width is 28mm.
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    edited March 2021
    Michelin's are crazy for oversizing, I had some 25mm Pro 4's on rims with 20mm internal width that measured just under 30mm.

I find tubeless tyres are more true to size, must be the fact they have stiffer sidewalls to deal with keeping the air in.
  • Michelin's are crazy for oversizing, I had some 25mm Pro 4's on rims with 20mm internal width that measured just under 30mm.

I find tubeless tyres are more true to size, must be the fact they have stiffer sidewalls to deal with keeping the air in.

Yep, the older Pro 4/ Pro4 Endurance were way over as stated. MY 25mm P4 E's were about 28mm. I've found the newer Power Endurance that superseded the older Pro series are much more true-to-size