GT Chucker XS.3 seat tube size!?

Hi there. (I'm a new member)
I have been very busy lately during the last year and lockdown; as a man with a whole bunch of rheumatoid factors and a busted body and autoimmune system to boot, fixing and building a variety of old school and mid school BMX bikes as well as a number of larger vehicles.
I recently purchased a Chucker XS Point 3

and it didn't come with the correct seat post and I've not been able to find anywhere on the internet the specifications for this bike. Having carefully prized the frame tangs apart it's not been possible to guage the aperture either.
I've trawled through a thousand years worth of loose ends in forums from Timbukthree to Kalamityzoo. No joy anywhere.
Would you be so kind as to push my wheelchair in the right direction?.
I'm leaning towards the number 27.2 but as a micrometer and digital and analog
Vernier caliper owner I can tell you, a guess is as good as a man redialing the same wrong number in the hope he obtains a different result.
Anyway....... That's all I have for now.
Thanks in advance.
Alex Cannon (a.k.a.. Bananaman529)

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,700
    27.2mm is one of the most common seatpost sizes, so if you're measuring that, there's a very good chance that it's correct. There are a couple of slightly smaller sizes which are far less typical, they tend to be in 0.2mm increments. 27.0mm posts exist but are very rare, 26.8mm are a bit more common but you're unlikely to be off by 0.4mm if measuring with a decent caliper.
  • mully79
    mully79 Posts: 904
    Measure the seat tube lower down where its actually round and measure the thickness of the tube.
    seat tube = tube width minus (thickness x 2)
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    According to THIS POST from 2008 it is 27.2mm.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009