tuesday is lopsided

13»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,318
    Wouldn't be seen dead on the Ridley but agree on the sentiments.
    Just wait until lockdown is over and bikes bought on a whim are sold. It's a buyers market now.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    You mean it's a sellers market now?
    I love this place, H³ was saying last week he should get a bike for pootling about with the family but had no space to store it. That space is now being commandeered for a race bike :D Seems entirely reasonable to me.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

I love this place, H³ was saying last week he should get a bike for pootling about with the family but had no space to store it. That space is now being commandeered for a race bike :D Seems entirely reasonable to me.

listen to H3. He speaks sense.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno

I don't quite know what you mean.
    If you have a look at what's for sale, its generally underpriced.

How much was that Ridley new?
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    pinno said:

Wouldn't be seen dead on the Ridley but agree on the sentiments.
    Just wait until lockdown is over and bikes bought on a whim are sold. It's a buyers market now.

yup. shedloads of pristine gym equipt starting to float around and turbo trainers have started to trickle on the market, all near as perfect condition.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

I don't quite know what you mean.
    If you have a look at what's for sale, its generally underpriced.

How much was that Ridley new?
    I haven't really been looking at bike prices but I thought demand was still high so prices were inflated. When you said wait until lockdown is over I thought that was also because prices are still inflated now.
    I suspect if the Ridley was a Specialized it would fetch more because most people are ignorant and want a big name they can impress their mates with. Certainly the case on Ebay, not so much on here of course.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,142
    I've noticed fewer people out on bikes around here compared to last summer/autumn, but then again the weather has been a bit shite and there's been loads more traffic on the roads.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    My local FB bike groups are already loaded with lots of super-expensive bikes and bits bought and barely used last year. Prices are still high-ish though.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    edited March 2021

My local FB bike groups are already loaded with lots of super-expensive bikes and bits bought and barely used last year. Prices are still high-ish though.

Are you gonna buy something else to put in your huge shed? :smiley:
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    Ben6899 said:

With the rate *I'm* falling apart lately, I doubt it. I already have one bike I've not actually ridden yet at all, and a second that has done 1 pootle of about 15 km on gravel paths. 4 months ago.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686

Ben6899 said:

With the rate *I'm* falling apart lately, I doubt it. I already have one bike I've not actually ridden yet at all, and a second that has done 1 pootle of about 15 km on gravel paths. 4 months ago.

This makes me sad.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    pinno said:

[Oh yeah; c is pretty close to the space bar.]

It's shopping day, yippee...
    Booked holiday to Northumberland. Highlands are way over priced and pretty booked out bar boxes next to main roads.

Will be not too far from Wayay territory but far enough away from Redcar.

I really did think I was dying yesterday but it turned out to be indigestion.

Where in Northumberland? Beautiful county. If you haven't got a dog, get one, buy one, hire one or whatever, coz every other fuckers got one. Never seen so many pubs and hotels be so dog friendly.
    Great walking along the beaches. Can't recommend the North Sea though. Brrr
  • pinno

pinno said:

Booked holiday to Northumberland. Highlands are way over priced and pretty booked out bar boxes next to main roads.

Where in Northumberland? Beautiful county. If you haven't got a dog, get one, buy one, hire one or whatever, coz every other censored got one. Never seen so many pubs and hotels be so dog friendly.
    Northumberland/Durham border, near Corbridge and next to Derwent water.

I would have love to have been right in the middle of Northumberland national park for the scenery alone but...

2 kids ain't going walking every day for a week and I don't really like walking that much either. So, Newcastle is 20 miles away, Prudhoe and the water sports place is a stone's throw away and so we can keep them entertained.
    Maybe canoeing on Derwent water.
    Go to the Science museum in Newcastle and make a day of it.
    We'll take a drive to one of the beaches.

• ballysmate
    We stayed in Bamborough. My missus loves the sea and will watch it for hours. I don't mind that as it costs FA.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    pinno said:

pinno said:

Where in Northumberland? Beautiful county. If you haven't got a dog, get one, buy one, hire one or whatever, coz every other censored got one. Never seen so many pubs and hotels be so dog friendly.
    Northumberland/Durham border, near Corbridge and next to Derwent water.

I would have love to have been right in the middle of Northumberland national park for the scenery alone but...

2 kids ain't going walking every day for a week and I don't really like walking that much either. So, Newcastle is 20 miles away, Prudhoe and the water sports place is a stone's throw away and so we can keep them entertained.
    Maybe canoeing on Derwent water.
    Go to the Science museum in Newcastle and make a day of it.
    We'll take a drive to one of the beaches.

Northumberland/Durham is acceptable. Any further south and you might set me off.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    The Highlands are mostly fully booked and what's left is extortionate Seano.
    I do like the North east of Engerland.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400

We stayed in Bamborough. My missus loves the sea and will watch it for hours. I don't mind that as it costs FA.

I’m with your missus. The sea is awesome. Can’t wait till all the ice bergs melt and I get a sea view without moving.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • ballysmate
    seanoconn said:

I’m with your missus. The sea is awesome. Can’t wait till all the ice bergs melt and I get a sea view without moving.
    Think what a sea view will do to the value of your property.
    Kerching!!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    edited March 2021
    pinno said:

:o

Remind me again when you're going so I know when to avoid...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    We'd like to go to the Highlands as our trip booked for Summer 2020 was obviously cancelled, but looks like it might be a no no now also.

Have bad memories of Northumberland. Was in Seahouses 3 years ago when my mum's condition worsened, so we cut the trip short and hurried back, but she passed before we got home.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Your experiences of Redcar shouldn't blacken the whole of the North East. People actually talk to you there. Although, I don't always understand what they're sayin' like.
    I have a Geordie contact I used to sell waste cooking oil to. Struggled to understand him half the time but he was good for banter and didn't take offence to my cheek.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Your experiences of Redcar shouldn't blacken the whole of the North East. People actually talk to you there. Although, I don't always understand what they're sayin' like.
    I have a Geordie contact I used to sell waste cooking oil to. Struggled to understand him half the time but he was good for banter and didn't take offence to my cheek.
    It wasn't quite the League of Smoggy Gentlemen - we did leave Redcar once in a while. (And spent a few years in Durham).
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

He wanted petrol, but he didn't know the difference.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • veronese68
    The lad's squeeze is at uni in Durham and he said he was surprised by how nice it is, but then he did go there from Selly Oak so I guess it's all relative.
  • Stevo_666

The lad's squeeze is at uni in Durham and he said he was surprised by how nice it is, but then he did go there from Selly Oak so I guess it's all relative.

Durham City is quite nice and historic but it can get a bit interesting when the residents of the local former pit villages come into town for a night out. We used to go up to Newcastle Quayside for the odd night out, that was fun :)
  • Stevo_666
    edited March 2021
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Your experiences of Redcar shouldn't blacken the whole of the North East. People actually talk to you there.
    True dat...

https://youtu.be/PT0ay9u1gg4