It’s Saturday: Dip me in cream and throw me in a barrel of cats

Visitors left. Yay! Cold windy morning but turned into a fine afternoon. Have demolished the old roof bit, may ride a bike later.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Can’t beat that ‘visitors have left’ feeling!

Needed more sleep than that, but what can you do? Walk hounds, hilly run with a pal then decorating - even though the eldest rugrat is helping (obviously wants cash for it) and enjoying that time together, god I had painting.

Later is empty the fridge of cider ready for the next Weston ciders delivery
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, better morning, dry less wind
    Tigger walked, early ride, bit of gardening, cycling on tv, relax
    Have a good weekend
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Dry here but sub zero. Might go for a ride, might not.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

At work but while others are working 3 of us are off on a jolly. I mean checking some stuff out off site fir stuff 'n' tings, fam.

Apart from that, may do a gym sesh later.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    tlw1 said:

Can’t beat that ‘visitors have left’ feeling!

The adults are lovely people, but their child isn’t.

The serenity that descended on our place as they drove out the gate was delightful.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,321
    A large animal possibly a bear shat in my head while I was sleeping. Morning fry up, little bit of work, amuse kids, chores etc. After fry up I shall be starving myself to make the weigh in before the big Pinno fight later. When I say big I mean little, not sure how I’m suppose to shed 30kg to even the odds but we’ll see.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Wheelspinner
    seanoconn said:

After fry up I shall be starving myself to make the weigh in before the big Pinno fight later. When I say big I mean little, not sure how I’m suppose to shed 30kg to even the odds but we’ll see.

Just hack off one leg and hop at ‘im?
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

After fry up I shall be starving myself to make the weigh in before the big Pinno fight later. When I say big I mean little, not sure how I’m suppose to shed 30kg to even the odds but we’ll see.

Brilliant WS! 👍 and I can use the dismembered leg as a weapon retaining my weight advantage! 😃 You’re hired WS. See you round the back of greggs at 8pm. Whatever happens, even if the fight takes a turn for the worst and Pinno resorts to biting my ankles, Do not throw in the towel!

Because as the Italians say

ci arrendiamo. puoi scopare i nostri fondoschiena
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    seanoconn said:

...biting my ankles, Do not throw in the towel!

Ankle, surely?

Bit grey here and chilly. Will go for a pre fight ride. If I can shed 5 kg's, Seano will have to chop 1 arm and 1 leg off. That'll balance things up.

As the Kenyan's say

Nazi safi ni bora kuliko mananasi.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    And here was me thinking phase 3 of the Conifer Wars is a big fight. Pales into etc etc

Time to tool up and get round there.
  • Wheelspinner
    seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

Brilliant WS! 👍 and I can use the dismembered leg as a weapon retaining my weight advantage! 😃 You’re hired WS. See you round the back of greggs at 8pm. Whatever happens, even if the fight takes a turn for the worst and Pinno resorts to biting my ankles, Do not throw in the towel!

No wuckers. Will bring the blowpipe and curare darts. Oh, and a high pressure water cleaner, just in case.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    'ning

cold, just cold

nippy ride, coffee, burst water mains, closed roads, many temporary traffic lights, later create curry as an act of applied quantum electrodynamics, bubbly
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno

No wuckers. Will bring the blowpipe and curare darts. Oh, and a high pressure water cleaner, just in case.

Ha. We live in a high pressure water cleaner - it's called the West coast of Jockland.
    MD 20/20 and Concorde in large quantities will render me immune to weak forrin poison rubbish.
    I'll prep with the tried and trusted Scientific pre fight meal of deep fried battered Mars bars and Irn bru.

• darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Breakfast done, now to carry out my orders from mrs hilter and clean the car.

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

Breakfast done, now to carry out my orders from mrs hilter and clean the car.

Arghhh, mushrooms. I f#cking hate mushrooms. The root of all evil.

Poached eggs this morning, midwife is visiting today to check up on us as baby won't feed and hasn't had a poo for 3 days.
    Hopefully our for a stroll after that.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Run has been run, loverly out there

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Id rather have DHL's breakfast than TLW's run.

Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed. Might do something today, but then again...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172

seanoconn said:

The Black Knight always triumphs!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    edited March 2021
    Dunno about a run, but a walk has been walked. Only managed some yoghurt before heading out so quite peckish now. Stressbag is going out for an osteo appointment in a bit so might get a bit of peace with the hounds.

Sadly admin beckons again and will need to fiddle around and remove some links from a watch bracelet so I can wear the bloody thing. At least there's no car cleaning involved as the stealer did a good job on the Panzer inside and out this week and it needed a good once over. Might have make something up to get it in there again while the warranty's still going :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn

I honestly don’t know why all those kids were chasing me earlier.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

I honestly don’t know why all those kids were chasing me earlier.

B0llox. I'm in training too.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    1 x 6 hour round of The Conifer Wars. I'm winning. I am too. 1 more sesh tomorrow should give The Victory. Parades and medals to follow. Or maybe just multiple tip runs.

1st beer, a hefeweiss, just poured. Time to catch up on the White Roads. No spoilers perlease.
  • Stevo_666
    Managed to sort the watch bracelet out after running it under hot water for a bit. They'd put a bit of loctite on the connecting pins which didn't help, nor did my using the wrong size screwdriver as these things are so bloody small its hard to see what the exact right size is - 0.8m or 1.0m FFS. Anyhow, one titanium knuckle duster now ready for action when I go out to collect the take away in case anyone else tries to mug me.
  • seanoconn
    @pinno
    @Wheelspinner

Sorry gents, going to have to cry off tonight, my armchair has separation anxiety and I don’t want to leave him on his own, he’s been very clingy lately. Plus it’s dark, chilly and at least a 5min hike to greggs from here. I hope you guys didn’t have to far to travel.

Anyway, let that be a lesson to you Pinno. Mess with the bull you get the horns!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    seanoconn said:

Anyway, let that be a lesson to you Pinno. Mess with the bull you get the horns!

Who's got the horn?
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    seanoconn said:

Sometimes you get the shit though
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Eddie the Eagle is on the tellybox, that was a strange time. As the big fight is off I thought I'd watch another great British athlete.
    Went for a walk in the Isabella plantation with the trouble earlier then pottered in the garage. Made a thread chasing tool out of an old bottom bracket and cleaned up the threads in the BB shell for the bamboo bike. Worked a treat so happy with that. Celebratory beer now.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

@pinno
    @Wheelspinner

Sorry gents, going to have to cry off tonight, my armchair has separation anxiety and I don’t want to leave him on his own, he’s been very clingy lately. Plus it’s dark, chilly and at least a 5min hike to greggs from here. I hope you guys didn’t have to far to travel.

But I luvsh you shean-no, hic! An I couldnae hae a fight wiv yoo 'cosh yer ma besh pall in the Universh, hic! Am noo gannae deny it, I wantsh yer babies... no, I dinnae wantsh yer babies, I wantsh yer wallet 'cosh am a wee bit brassick and ma moof's hic dry as an arabs boot... oh jeezo, peasche to the worl' an a' who wanner in it hic!
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

@pinno
    @Wheelspinner

But I luvsh you shean-no, hic! An I couldnae hae a fight wiv yoo 'cosh yer ma besh pall in the Universh, hic! Am noo gannae deny it, I wantsh yer babies... no, I dinnae wantsh yer babies, I wantsh yer wallet 'cosh am a wee bit brassick and ma moof's hic dry as an arabs boot... oh jeezo, peasche to the worl' an a' who wanner in it hic!