Campagnolo H11

I'm looking for a crankset for a Colnago C64
Would anyone have a clue if the Campy H11 Ultra Torque Chainset might work with sram red group? Both 11 speed
Has anyone used it successfully with rim brakes?

Thank for help in advance

Comments

• flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    All 11 speed should work together, however mixing groupsets on a C64, just no!

Also what difference would a chainset have on working rim brakes?
  • kamil.k
    kamil.k Posts: 10
    The h11 is apparently disc specific with different chainline/hub spacing

I've been using a rotor 3d+, 30mm spindle with bb86 and heard that's not the best combination, and in fact it I could never get it to spin well.

It can't possibly look as out of place as a rotor on a C64
  • Campagnolo H11 is backwards compatible with non disc rear spacing.
    No reason why it wouldn't work with sram but what a mish-mash for a top frame!
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,041

Campagnolo H11 is backwards compatible with non disc rear spacing.
    No reason why it wouldn't work with sram but what a mish-mash for a top frame!

a dog's breakfast
    a pig's ear

Colnago deserves better than sram really.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • I don't know whether that chainring would fit on H11 chainsets. The H11 chainrings are slightly different to standard 11x rings and standard Chorus/Record/Super Record rings will not fit on H11 chainsets.

For cross compatibility of chainrings you would probably be better going with a 4 bolt Super Record chainset which is even lighter than the H11 if that's your main criteria.

Or, just suck up the 57g difference between Chorus and H11.
  • Do you really want EPS?

I have never understood why you need EPS. With Ultra-Shift on 12 speed you get 5 gears down and up at whatever pace you want. So you can do instant changes for 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 gears or a steady click through and also co-ordinate the front mech.

This is why you buy Campagnolo. Ultrashift is the most advanced mechanical gear shifting system on the market.
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483

Do you really want EPS?

I have never understood why you need EPS. With Ultra-Shift on 12 speed you get 5 gears down and up at whatever pace you want. So you can do instant changes for 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 gears or a steady click through and also co-ordinate the front mech.

This is why you buy Campagnolo. Ultrashift is the most advanced mechanical gear shifting system on the market.

Yes, of course he wants EPS. Superior to all mechanical systems, the only reason not to buy it is the cost. If you can't afford it, fair do's, buy Record mechanical. I'm running EPS on two bikes, Super Record on my C59 and H11 on my custom steel build. I'm running SRAM Force 22 on my CAAD12, EPS is miles ahead.

• proto
    kamil.k said:

As far as I know the only difference between H11 and the other Campag chainsets is the axle length - H11 rings sit 2.5mm further out to accommodate the 135mm rear spacing of disc frames and give more clearance on the chainstays.
  • H11 chainrings are specific to H11 and other 'A' or 'CD' Campagnolo chainrings do not physically fit on H11 chainsets and more than likely (but I've not tried) vice-versa.
  • proto
    edited March 2021

H11 chainrings are specific to H11 and other 'A' or 'CD' Campagnolo chainrings do not physically fit on H11 chainsets and more than likely (but I've not tried) vice-versa.

Checking the Campagnolo website, the H11 and Super Record/Record part numbers are not the same. Any info on how they differ?

• proto said:

H11 chainrings are specific to H11 and other 'A' or 'CD' Campagnolo chainrings do not physically fit on H11 chainsets and more than likely (but I've not tried) vice-versa.

Checking the Campagnolo website, the H11 and Super Record/Record part numbers are not the same. Any info on how they differ?

That's why I have said they don't fit and also because I've actually tried this and it doesn't work.

The reason is that the outer diameter of the 'arms' on H11 chainsets is 4mm greater than that of the 'A' and 'CD' chainsets. This means that the arm won't sit into the small rebate on the outer non-H chainrings.

It's likely that H chainrings will work with A/CD chainsets; as in they will physically fit, but I don't really see any benefit of doing that as H chainrings are hard to come by and cost a fortune to buy individually to the point where it's cheaper to buy a whole chainset than just the rings.

H chainset and 52 outer ring is below 'A' 52 outer ring in the picture.