Hope rotor and shimano compatibility

I have Shimano Deore 6100 203/180 brakes. Are hope rotors compatible with the deore disk callipers?

Comments

• mully79
    mully79 Posts: 904
    Havent tried. I'm under the impression Hope rotors are slightly bigger so you have less clearance between calliper and disc.

Why Hope rotors ?
  • rafletcher
    rafletcher Posts: 1,235
    Yes, any disc is compatible with any calliper, as long as diameter is right of course. I use Hope floating discs on both my Shimano equipped bikes.
  • mully79 said:

Havent tried. I'm under the impression Hope rotors are slightly bigger so you have less clearance between calliper and disc.

Why Hope rotors ?

Merely curiosity as I see people with the whole Hope brake levers/callipers and rotors setup. Was just wondering if just the disk rotors fitted with shimano to allow me more choice for as and when my rotors need replacing
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    There have been reports of the rivets on the Hope floating rotors catching/rubbing on some Shimano callipers.
    This can be resolved by using thin washers to move the callipers out slightly.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • I think it's hit and miss.

V2 rotor for example will be way too wide for the shimano brakes.
    A lot of the Hope disc are specific to certain calipers, they do v2, v4, mono 6 and probably other discs.

The floating rotor I have, they have a narrow edge but this suits the side of the pad on my M4's perfect, on a shimano caliper which has more square pads than rectangle ones like the M4, you might find the disc and pad are not matching up and you'll end up with reduced braking.

There's loads of Shimano discs and they are pretty cheap.