saturday dominate the opponent

2»

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Re dogs, we have springers, they just keep going, the elder hound has managed a 30 mile run with me and he did substantially more
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited February 2021
    Ciao

Windburnt.

Shattered.

Knackered knees.

Shoulders buggered.

Sides hurt from laughing too much.

Bring on tomorrow

Gonna miss it tbh.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    edited February 2021
    tlw1 said:

Re dogs, we have springers, they just keep going, the elder hound has managed a 30 mile run with me and he did substantially more

I took mine the 9 mile round trip up Merrick (840m high). There are some very steep bits and he was at the top of them barking at me to hurry up. He zig-zagged all the way up and all the way down. In every wet ditch, in every cranny, over fallen trees, up and down banking, in the river on the way back. God knows how far he covered - easily quadruple what I did.
    Although sparko that night, he was nudging his nose under my elbow whilst lying in bed at 6am next morning.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146
    A friend put an old fitbit/forerunner on his dog when they went out. I think the dog did about 50% more distance.
    Dog doesn't have her own Strava (yet)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    thistle_ said:

A friend put an old fitbit/forerunner on his dog when they went out. I think the dog did about 50% more distance.

Ours must do at least twice what we do the way they go off piste all the time.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    thistle_ said:

Mate put a Garmin in his Saluki, it clocked 36mph but he reckons it wasn't really trying as there were no other fast dogs out that day. That thing would goad other dogs into chasing it then light the afterburner. Funniest one was when it met a greyhound.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Greyhounds can apparently reach 45mph during a race.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • veronese68
    I can imagine, the Saluki wasn't as fast but could stop and turn much better so even the greyhound couldn't catch her. Passed her several times mind.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146

thistle_ said:

Mate put a Garmin in his Saluki, it clocked 36mph
    How did he get it in? Is that what made it go so quick?
  • veronese68
    thistle_ said:

thistle_ said:

Mate put a Garmin in his Saluki, it clocked 36mph
    How did he get it in? Is that what made it go so quick?
    It was quite startled, especially given that it was quite a bulky old etrex😂
    Maybe I should have typed 'on' or was it autocorrect?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    edited February 2021
    Still, things do get in dogs - like @step83 's - a squeaky toy and a vets bill.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    pinno said:

Still, things do get in dogs - like @step83 's - a squeaky toy and a vets bill.

Shes only allowed non breakable toys now, which for a bully means one thing. Bricks!