Friday, We ride at Dawn, or Sue, or Ann etc

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Upgrade frame thread is funny.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    haydenm said:

MattFalle said:

haydenm said:

Is it possible to have morphine prescribed as the father...?

prescription? whats that then?

It makes the drugs free.

Or £5 a go or whatever it is elsewhere in the UK...

so i can officially charge for "disposing" of all that stuff i have in the loft left over from last time I was away?

cool. Keep this up and i can afford some Hunts.
  • MattFalle

coffee right here, right now
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    MattFalle said:

haydenm said:

I would 100% want an epidural, possibly loads of morphine too.

One of my wife's bridesmaids announced she was pregnant last week and the whole thing makes me feel ill. If/when it's my turn I'm going to be 100% useless. Is it possible to have morphine prescribed as the father...?

i delivered both of ours.

I delivered my first, Well, I say 'delivered' - it was a spontaneous birth and I really needed goal keepers gloves.

[Good one Elbow - it's a great feeling. Couldn't convince Mrs P to have a 3rd. Although something could go wrong with the contraception...]

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605

Not booked anything yet. Will wait and see what happens, not just in the UK but more importantly in the destination countries.
    No point going if you can't get out and about to enjoy your holiday.

Yep, luckily we don't have to go in school hols any more so may go for an early Autumn trip. Failing that, I'm going skiing next season come hell or high water. Hopefully the Euros can get their act together in the meantime.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

haydenm said:

I would 100% want an epidural, possibly loads of morphine too.

One of my wife's bridesmaids announced she was pregnant last week and the whole thing makes me feel ill. If/when it's my turn I'm going to be 100% useless. Is it possible to have morphine prescribed as the father...?

i delivered both of ours.

I delivered my first, Well, I say 'delivered' - it was a spontaneous birth and I really needed goal keepers gloves.

[Good one Elbow - it's a great feeling. Couldn't convince Mrs P to have a 3rd. Although something could go wrong with the contraception...]

2 is more than enough and second was a surprise, bearing mind number 1 was IVF.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    MattFalle said:

Will do another weights sesh later in attempt to get back 5kg of lost shoulders/arms/chest.

It's easier to just eat cake to gain the extra weight.

• thistle_
    haydenm said:

In the last few years I have got really squeemish and also dreadful with heights. I nearly passed out up a mountain near Ullapool, and watching a TV programme about reproduction/cancer. I used to be fine, I don't know what has happened to me but I'm a total whimp now

Sounds like you don't need any drugs, you'll just faint when the time comes and can leave her to do all the work.

• thistle_
    'noon
    Overslept
    WFW
    Hopefully the sun will come back out
    Bike ride
    Sleep
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

Will do another weights sesh later in attempt to get back 5kg of lost shoulders/arms/chest.

Likely quicker, an less effort

Congrat Elbow an Co!
  • MattFalle
    thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

good point well presented but need it on arms and shoulders for the beautiful blonde and redhead ladies, not tummy for the munter feeders
  • Congrats Elbowclan!

More DIY beckons later followed by getting my arse into gear as Outlaw Nottingham has been put back around a month to give it a better chance of going ahead.

#nogettingoutofitnow

Sunday should see our works truck full of Willow logs as I'm helping (watching) a tree chopper work his magic in my parents garden.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

good point well presented but need it on arms and shoulders for the beautiful blonde and redhead ladies, not tummy for the munter feeders
    There's sooo much more choice in the munter feeder category.
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

but they will end eating me.

and that would be #abadthing
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

Sounds like you're the expert?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

I refer you to the ISIS bird thread.....
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    elbowloh said:

Cheers guys.

I was made to go home at 7 last night when wife went to the ward, coz of COVID, so i had a decent night's kip and fish and chips!

Wife had a mare and was up all night.

That's a great result and well-deserved after you went through it all with a headache. Congratulations again - best feeling in the world! (The good night's sleep that is ;) )
  • MattFalle
    Does it show you're old when you have to scrolllllllllllll doooooooown to find you date of birth on the UCAS site and can't read the screen properly because the font is too small?
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

Just seen few of the usial suspects on there again. MF will be doing freshers week sometime soon. Jammy bastard.
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

Just seen few of the usial suspects on there again. MF will be doing freshers week sometime soon. Jammy censored .
    Grazie but lets not count the beers before they are poured.

still got uni interview then hospital interviews to get through - not holding my breath tbh.
  • pinno
    edited February 2021
    MattFalle said:

Does it show you're old when you have to scrolllllllllllll doooooooown to find you date of birth on the UCAS site and can't read the screen properly because the font is too small?

It probably means you should be studying farming for the short sighted.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    Ooyah stiff legs now. First road bike ride since October, nice to experience again riding on slick 28s rather than knobbly gravel 38s, even if the pothole hits are harsher. Sunny and pleasant out and about; revisited some old routes, with their new ruts and holes, plus some new to me bits. Spring is coming! It is! It is!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    MattFalle said:

Wot you going to study?

Advanced plaster application/calpol dosing? Or branching out into a completely new field?

If I won the lottery, as well as spending time riding bikes in nice places and rooting around dusty ruins and looking at beautiful art and wonderful cities, I would do some more formal study. The acquisition of knowledge and (hopefully) greater understanding is a fine way to spend one's time. Though I fear the more one studies, the more one realises how little one person can actually know.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

Booked two weeks away in August. Can cancel up to a month before and get money back. Is a bit of a gamble but took a chance before prices shoot up.

Poland?
    How did you guess? 😃 The price you pay for a sexy foreign wifey. No sea or sand but plenty of sun, warmer summers than here but cooler in the evenings. Beautiful house and gardens slap bang in the most amazing countryside. Great food (no it’s not all carp and pickled stuff, that’s Christmas) cheap booze. Kids get spoilt rotten. Giant paddling pool, waist deep so not really paddling, all the outdoor sports you could think of. MIL can be a pain when she drunk but you don’t see her for two days after. Dr father in law is a legend and I’ve no idea how he puts up with his wife, she’s still a looker even well into her 60’s my god, talk about neurotic. All in all a good holiday, creating lots of happy memories for the kids. 👍

That is a good sign. Good advice to look at the prospective MIL before getting hitched.
    Wish I'd heeded it. :(
  • Stevo_666

seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

Booked two weeks away in August. Can cancel up to a month before and get money back. Is a bit of a gamble but took a chance before prices shoot up.

Poland?
    How did you guess? 😃 The price you pay for a sexy foreign wifey. No sea or sand but plenty of sun, warmer summers than here but cooler in the evenings. Beautiful house and gardens slap bang in the most amazing countryside. Great food (no it’s not all carp and pickled stuff, that’s Christmas) cheap booze. Kids get spoilt rotten. Giant paddling pool, waist deep so not really paddling, all the outdoor sports you could think of. MIL can be a pain when she drunk but you don’t see her for two days after. Dr father in law is a legend and I’ve no idea how he puts up with his wife, she’s still a looker even well into her 60’s my god, talk about neurotic. All in all a good holiday, creating lots of happy memories for the kids. 👍

That is a good sign. Good advice to look at the prospective MIL before getting hitched.
    Wish I'd heeded it. :(
    Which wit once asked the question : "if all brides are beautiful, where did all the ugly wives come from?"
  • My allotments dried out a bit just lately so I managed to get a small section dug over this afternoon.
    I then decided a little ride (off road) along the coast was in order for various reasons. I was rewarded for my trouble with a very pleasant sunset as it got chillier, shame I never took a beer with me. Sitting watching the sun disappear is not the same without one, I do hope I'll still have a pub to go to after all this palaver

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Evening folks,
    Thank fook it's Friday!
    Congrats Elbow and associated body parts*.
    Had a phone call today from the old dear's neighbour under the pretence of discussing works going on. Then he got to the point and expressed an interest in buying the place. So already have two prospective buyers and we are nowhere near listing it.
    Thought my post in the covid thread would trigger someone but all very quiet.
    Now enjoying a beer so will wonder the forum with a wry smile.

* Imeant the rest of the family, but now it reads like I'm congratulating little Elbow.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

Evening folks,
    Thank fook it's Friday!
    Congrats Elbow and associated body parts*.
    Had a phone call today from the old dear's neighbour under the pretence of discussing works going on. Then he got to the point and expressed an interest in buying the place. So already have two prospective buyers and we are nowhere near listing it.
    Thought my post in the covid thread would trigger someone but all very quiet.
    Now enjoying a beer so will wonder the forum with a wry smile.

* Imeant the rest of the family, but now it reads like I'm congratulating little Elbow.

Major Elbow has been promoted to colonel. We salute your penis

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

Wot you going to study?

Advanced plaster application/calpol dosing? Or branching out into a completely new field?

If I won the lottery, as well as spending time riding bikes in nice places and rooting around dusty ruins and looking at beautiful art and wonderful cities, I would do some more formal study. The acquisition of knowledge and (hopefully) greater understanding is a fine way to spend one's time. Though I fear the more one studies, the more one realises how little one person can actually know.
    hopefully, fingers crossed, ODP, so completely and utterly new to me.

Never done clinical, only trauma and stuff, innit.

v v v nervous about it all to tell the truth but v v v excited at the same time.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

Wot you going to study?

hopefully, fingers crossed, ODP, so completely and utterly new to me.

Never done clinical, only trauma and stuff, innit.

v v v nervous about it all to tell the truth but v v v excited at the same time.
    Fake it till you make it