Loud Rear Hub For Triban RC500

So i normally ride a MTB Orbea Occam H30 but im looking at getting a bike for commuting to and from work. iv decided on the Triban RC500 (not actually bought it yet) . now with me being a youth i was wanting some stupid loud rear hub. iv had a look and the DT Swiss 240 hub but its near enough half the price of the bike. i was wondering is there was another hub that would be just as loud but not as expensive. just wondering if anyone knew of any.

Thanks in advanced :)

Comments

• arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    Miche Primato is pretty loud - I have it on a set of Archtype rimmed wheels built for me by Malcolm at Cycleclinic. Not stupidly expensive and very reliable
  • HDshiny
    HDshiny Posts: 4
    edited February 2021
    arlowood said:

Miche Primato is pretty loud - I have it on a set of Archtype rimmed wheels built for me by Malcolm at Cycleclinic. Not stupidly expensive and very reliable

what model is your hub or is there only 1 ? just so i can have a google :)
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    playing card taped to the frame may be an alternative answer
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • haha..childhood memory resurrected..thank you Matt Falle
  • PMark
    PMark Posts: 159
    edited February 2021
    arlowood said:

They are not as quiet as shimano, but they are a lot quieter than a lot of the other hubs out there. My previous wheels from SuperStarComponents were the loudest I have ever had.

Loud hubs are good for travelling on mixed use paths, so people get out of the way. But less fun on long rides in the countryside when it is the only thing you can hear.
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    HDshiny said:

arlowood said:

what model is your hub or is there only 1 ? just so i can have a google :)
    I think they are the Miche Primato Syntesi as listed on Malcolm's website

https://thecycleclinic.co.uk/collections/hubs/products/copy-of-miche-primato-syntesi-hubs-9-10-11-speed-campagnolo-or-shimano-10-11-speed

£85 for a pair which is excellent value IMHO for a very reliable hub
  • MattFalle said:

playing card taped to the frame may be an alternative answer

Or a coke can behind the rear wheel. From road bike to harley davidson haha
  • arlowood said:

They are not as quiet as shimano, but they are a lot quieter than a lot of the other hubs out there. My previous wheels from SuperStarComponents were the loudest I have ever had.

Loud hubs are good for travelling on mixed use paths, so people get out of the way. But less fun on long rides in the countryside when it is the only thing you can hear.
    What model is your super star components hub? Had a quick Google and they sound nice