Drift Ghost camera and helmet mounting

Partly as a result of getting knocked off by a hit and run driver last June, I've just purchased a Drift Ghost camera with intent of helmet mounting. This is my first foray into bike camera. I had read someone's comment on the site I bought it from that they had attached to their helmet using ties etc., and therefore thought it would be straightforward. However, I can't see any clear way of doing. It comes with a curved sticky mount but am not sure whether that is going to be safe/sufficient. The helmet strapping based mount they sell separately seems a bit of a monstrosity and not something I'd want to use: if I was using if for gnarly off road action filming then definitely yes, but that isn't the intent.

Anyone else using the Drift cameras and if what and how are you attaching to. I'm aware there is a handle bar mount, but I prefer the idea of helmet mount to capture what you are looking at. [in the case of my June off, a helmet mounted camera would have captured the number plate of the vehicle, but a handle bar mount would probably have ended up capturing side of the car and then tarmac]

Any input/help welcome.

Comments

• I used to use the Drift Ghost, the curved sticky mount worked fine, when I changed to a new helmet I tried out the strapping mount which had some movement in it. Strapping mount allowed me to have the camera more central than the sticky mount though which given the weight of it was more comfortable.

(I say used to use, it's currently languishing in a drawer wedged the wrong way in its waterproof case)