Mantel - Great Customer Service

I wanted to give a big ‘ shout out’ to Mantel.
I bought a pair of bib shorts for my wife early in December for Christmas and unfortunately they were just a bit too small.
I got round to trying to return in earlyish January, but unfortunately we ran into difficulties with the new ‘pleasures’ of Brexit!
Mantel have been super exemplary in their communication and together we have tried a couple of different ways. We got there in the end and I am really grateful to them for their help and it is great they have found a good way which will help from this point on. Mantel have beaten the bureaucracy of Brexit!
Really hoping we can continue to use the European companies for bike purchases as it will just help keep the market competitive!
Not associated with them in any way, but definitely worth taking a look at them when making purchases. A friendly team.

Comments

• gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,518
    always had great service from them, the acme.
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561

Mantel have beaten the bureaucracy of Brexit!

Care to share - as there might be some useful pointers for others still wrestling with the Machiavellian intricacies of trading with EU suppliers
  • molteni_man
    molteni_man Posts: 444
    edited February 2021
    arlowood said:

Mantel have beaten the bureaucracy of Brexit!

Care to share - as there might be some useful pointers for others still wrestling with the Machiavellian intricacies of trading with EU suppliers
    Yes sorry meant to add that part, but got called into a Teams Meeting!
    The key is invoices. Mantel sent me the UPS label and an invoice. They asked me to print off 3 invoices and place one in the parcel and then two in an open envelope attached to the package itself. Envelope must be open.
    The parcel was accepted by the UPS person at my local shop and reached Mantel within the week with refund going through.
    This is all so new for companies and customers, so am dead impressed with the determination of Mantel to give me a refund. They’ve kept me up to speed throughout. A friend has just used the 3 invoice method with a different European company and it has also worked. I’m guessing the two invoices allows our Customs to take a copy and there still be on for Customs the other side too?
    Hope this helps
    BW
    Molteni