Thursday - Heineken, schemeineken... champagne

2»

Comments

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Well, probably tempted fate now, taken the mudguards off the bike, apologies now for any biblical downpours
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    hopkinb said:

thistle_ said:

Stopped to chat to an old couple who were out picking up all the rubbish off the mountain road from all the scum that keep visiting the place.

There're a load of lovely community minded people like this. Me and mini just went for a walk on the common, and there was an old woman with a bin liner picking up all the shyte that people dropped in a twenty foot radius round the bin. We helped her finish off the job. She said most people just ignore her.
    Had a chat with a guy picking up all the litter at the top of box hill after Christmas (the morning I had my off). He was up there at 8 in the morning.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,153
    edited February 2021
    hopkinb said:

thistle_ said:

Stopped to chat to an old couple who were out picking up all the rubbish off the mountain road from all the scum that keep visiting the place.

There're a load of lovely community minded people like this. Me and mini just went for a walk on the common, and there was an old woman with a bin liner picking up all the shyte that people dropped in a twenty foot radius round the bin. We helped her finish off the job. She said most people just ignore her.
    I offered to go down into the bushes to get the cans and bottles out so her (getting on a bit) husband didn't need to but she insisted that he enjoys it.

They had a lovely Jack Russell helping with supervision.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,153
    step83 said:

Well, probably tempted fate now, taken the mudguards off the bike, apologies now for any biblical downpours

I'll go and stick mine on later.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,554
    u roy dread dead :(

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I saw. Righteous man. I went to visit the statue of Selassie I in Cannizaro Park near me earlier with mini. It's gone. Seems it was destroyed in June. Mini likes to rage against babylon, who come make her do homework and keep her from her path of livication.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Boy just like the chalice and the good 'erb.

Builders two doors down, whole area reeks of weed. I expect the extension might be a bit on the tilt.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Evening folks,
    A busy day of wfw, managed to wobble in at least and miraculously avoided any downpours. Today was my Friday too, EPO's birthday tomorrow so going to try and be nice to her.
    I think Piña's getting crotchety in his dotage, he keeps moaning about who isn't here and then when they respond he doesn't interact with them. I might start tomorrow's thread at 11:59 to be extra annoying.
    I used to like visiting emperor Salassie, shame his bust is no more. Did I ever mention the exceptionally beautiful girl that used to work in Cannizaro Park as a gardener.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360

I used to like visiting emperor Salassie, shame his bust is no more. Did I ever mention the exceptionally beautiful girl that used to work in Cannizaro Park as a gardener.

There are 5 women that I met/bumped into who have stuck in my mind as being really beautiful. It's funny how you never forget.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
  • pinno
    edited February 2021
    hopkinb said:

I used to just get a happy shopper block of "cheddar style" cheese...

Wasn't it actually plastic? Bit like Sunny Delight; pi$$, almost literally.