Flat bar 3x10 gear shifters to work with Shimano Ultegra triple groupset.

Does anyone out there know of a suitable flat bar gearshifter to work with Shimano Ultegra triple groupset. The only one I could find was the Shimano Tiagra SL-4703-L set but these appear not to be available anymore. If they are still available could someone tell me where, I ordered some from Wiggle but when they arrived they were the Shimano Tiagra SL4700-L for double chainring and they (wiggle) have told me that the triple is unavailable.

Comments

• jpj84
    jpj84 Posts: 51
    edited February 2021
    I don't think the 4703 would work anyway, as the rear indexing is different from all other shimano road 10 speed. Essentially, you'll need *any* shimano road 10 speed rh shifter, other than Tiagra 4700 series. I'd guess second hand would be the only option here - I'm unaware of anything in production currently...
  • If it's 10 speed then there used to be the non series SL-R770 / 773 flat bar shifter from memory and this was in double or triple format. There's probably a few on Ebay - not sure about 11 speed.
  • you want to look for a set of 4603 shifters as the 4703 wont work with anything else than 4700 series..
  • I have now sorted this I found some new Microshift gear levers on EBay for £40 they are not as aesthetically pleasing as Shimano equipment but they work just fine. They cope with 2 or 3 chainrings and a 10 speed cassette. For brake levers I bought Shimano BL-R780 which are adjuatable for V brakes, caliper brakes and mechanical disc brakes. I now have a flat barred road bike to go and play with. The reason I have done this is because I have 3 road bikes and when thinking about it I realised that I very rarely actually use the drops but ride on the hoods or the tops of the handlebars.