Tuesday, Pictures of Jap girls in synthesis

2»

Comments

• Day in town, looking at stuff for room renovation works. Have finished removing internal wall altogether, just some fiddly repair to the walls where stud work was fixed and all done. Tiler coming tomorrow to quote. That'll hurt....

Not ridden bike in a week and feeling rubbish for it, but at least post-surgery wound is healing well. Back to riding maybe in a couple more days.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Never mind butter, pancakes are pants. 'Orrible things.

Legs ache after running last night and work has scuppered my Thursday lunchtime bike ride thanks to being dragged into a meeting because an idiot doesn't like the answer he was given last week. He will get no mercy on the call.

Anyway, onwards to annual appraisals for minions and bit more tea. Followed by a bit more online shopping.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    What's with all this running? Baffling.
    Stevo, what are your thoughts on Yorkshire puds? Are they also a no no?
  • Stevo_666

Stevo, what are your thoughts on Yorkshire puds? Are they also a no no?

Just a case what's quicker to keep a bit of lard off and fit in with other stuff including Mrs. 666's demands. Can be tricky to take the time out for a decent ride in the middle of a working day and I don't like pedalling round the 'burbs at night.

Oddly I like Yorkshire puds if well done and accompanied by good gravy - my old dear made some cracking 'chefs hat' size jobbies in her time.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    Are Mrs 666's 'demands' not enough to burn off the calories?
  • Stevo_666
    I do eat a lot :)
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    elbowloh said:

Hmmm, so talk of hot cross buns prompted much debate over how they should be served, but that talk of pancakes has illicited no such response, just mild rumblings over sweet or savoury.

If sweet, it needs nothing more than sugar and some lemon juice (the classic).

If savoury, i would normally have gone with just ham and cheese, but i have not been a meat eater for many a year now. I do generally prefer savoury over sweet things however.

The correct topping for pancakes, is more pancakes.
  • pinno said:

thistle_ said:

Got some ready made pancakes in the fridge...

Burn him on the stake.

Or burn his steak and make him eat both.
  • Heres a picture of a jap bike...

• What's with all this running? Baffling.

For me, Outlaw 70.3 from May last year was cancelled/deferred until May 21 so I've sort of committed to that.

And I've got an entry in to the Manchester Marathon in October.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089

MattFalle said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Gallette complet if going that route, nutella or sugar and lemin if going pancake route.

And i've lost my wallet. arseshitbum.

It's the little people.

Chantilly cream and pancakes... hmm.
    Found my wallet - huzzah!

The little people had put it in the sleeve of my jacket.
    Blame the Leprechauns, yeah yeah
    You might say that but when things go inexplicably missing; keys, wallet, alcohol - it will be the little people and if you don't give them the 'what for' in no uncertain terms, you won't find anything quickly and things will still keep going missing.

Talking of which, where tf is @seanoconn ?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

For me, Outlaw 70.3 from May last year was cancelled/deferred until May 21 so I've sort of committed to that.

And I've got an entry in to the Manchester Marathon in October.

Hmm, that reminds me I've got a 10k potentially rescheduled for sometime this year but I've not had any reminder email and I've no idea when it is.

It's a 10k in lieu of a half marathon that was cancelled 12 months ago (pre covid) because it was a bit breezy and they refused to give refunds.
    I did the one in Blackpool instead where their attitude was a bit more "bring it on mother nature".
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    I’ve got a few cancelled events rescheduled plus I keep looking at new ones, all whilst paying for a race licence that just means I get British cycling fill my in-box with inane rubbish
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Did the pancakes. Happy peeps. Much lemon, sugar, and a little Nutella. I abstained. Tossed a couple, both highly successful, much to the disappointment of the kids, but a quick flip with a spatula is my preferred method.

Maybe one thing where the induction hob isn't so good. I don't like shaking the pan on the glass (scratches) and when you lift the pan to shake, you lose the heat. I find the same with a wok stir-fry, it's just not quite the same, the whole wok does not get hot, even on P for powaaah.

I had a baked potato for dinner for the first time in years. With one of those slow cooked packs you get from the supermarket. Brisket I think it was. Not bad, especially as it was yellow stickered. Dinner for 4 for well under a tenner all in, baked spuds and veg from the freezer.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Gas hob and lots of tossing, with no failures. No spatula was needed as I tossed furiously until all was spent. Somebody else can clear up the mess.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197

Gas hob and lots of tossing, with no failures. No spatula was needed as I tossed furiously until all was spent. Somebody else can clear up the mess.

POIDH 😉
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Did pancakes as well this evening. Boy wouldn't eat them, but apparently he did have some at nursery.

Lemon and sugar on one, Nutella and a bit of squirty cream in the other. Gas hob and tossing.

Hoppy, yes can't stand a conduction hob. I can never seem to control the heat properly with them, they take an age to warm up and they always seem to have fiddly controls, even struggling to turn them on sometimes.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • ballysmate
    orraloon said:

POIDH 😉
    Please God, NO!!!
  • pinno
    Nutella has been banished from this household due to the Palm oil content.
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

You could use marmite instead?
  • thistle_
    Results of yesterday's research:
    * Pre packed are OK but not as good as home made (as expected)
    * Sugar and lemon juice - good
    * Smoked cheese and chicken - good
    * Blue cheese - bad

• elbowloh
    pinno said:

When I said Nutella, I said it for convenience. It was non-palm, other brand!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    elbowloh said:

pinno said:

Fair enough. We have tried to find one without Palm oil.
  • elbowloh
    edited February 2021
    pinno said:

elbowloh said:

pinno said:

Fair enough. We have tried to find one without Palm oil.
    Try the Meridian one, they do it in Tescos.

https://shop.meridianfoods.co.uk/products/meridian-cocoa-hazelnut-butter-170-g?variant=39199712206&currency=GBP&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=CjwKCAiAmrOBBhA0EiwArn3mfB25mWvX7y4_Vnln2hIUb7CYTH-zFmhMOZdP5PJLaeIwLGvI1culUBoCVCwQAvD_BwE

We also have their peanut butter, which we give to the boy as it's also low in salt compared to other Peanut butters
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    Cheers for that ^.