Thursday, which two suave characters have birthdays today ?

2»

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,475
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Yep, happy birthday to the mystery suave, handsome, rich and incredibly witty characters whose birthdays it is :p

I must be the other one then 😀
    HB Stevo and LD

Cheers - age is only a number, especially as I'm now officially mid fifties...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Yep, happy birthday to the mystery suave, handsome, rich and incredibly witty characters whose birthdays it is :p

Happy Birthday Stevo, here,s to many more🍻🍻

And to you LD B) I did remember from last year but you beat me to it on the thread.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Happy birthday Stevo and LDZ!
  • Stevo_666
    And here's the pressie which my joker of a daughter ordered for me - a pic of the hounds which I'll now have to hang on the wall somewhere.

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    seanoconn said:

Happy birthday Lincolndave! 🥳🥳🥳🥳👏👏👏👏

big ditto dude.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

I must be the other one then 😀
    HB Stevo and LD

yes - this, again.
  • pinno said:

Insurance, meh.
    When I finished the refurb of PPP, I took out insurance for 2 freezers, built in cooker, dishwasher, fridge, extractor, washing machine, tumble dryer on an amazing deal...
    £52 per month DD. 3 months later I cancelled it.

So, I have done the maths (nothing has broken down or needed to be replaced in the months since moving in).
    The total costs of premiums far exceeds any single item's replacement value.

If that was such an amazing deal (at the time) how much does your annual house insurance come to? I'd need to be winning the lotto
  • Slack day. Builder absent today for legitimate reasons, so we took the opportunity to go out for the day as well, with lunch being the primary objective.

Picked a nice little cafe on a yacht marina down the river a bit with a lovely view. Excellent fish and chips.

Back to supervising a man with a backhoe tomorrow. Am supposed to be not doing too much yet till the hole in my back heals up, but might try a little light demolition work tomorrow.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862

Slack day. Builder absent today for legitimate reasons, so we took the opportunity to go out for the day as well, with lunch being the primary objective.

Picked a nice little cafe on a yacht marina down the river a bit with a lovely view. Excellent fish and chips.

Back to supervising a man with a backhoe tomorrow. Am supposed to be not doing too much yet till the hole in my back heals up, but might try a little light demolition work tomorrow.

Reported for cyber bullying

I WANT to go out for lunch

• tlw1 said:

Slack day. Builder absent today for legitimate reasons, so we took the opportunity to go out for the day as well, with lunch being the primary objective.

Good thing I didn't mention that it was 150km round trip on a nice day in the convertible with the roof down?

• tlw1 said:

That description doesn’t describe anyone, never mind two people

Another day of WFH, hopefully today without builders knocking the power off. Bright side I now have an outside hot tap for when I’m washing the cars 😎

Later might even be a run and convince myself to relax despite being way behind on the training plan

Outside Hot tap? I thought you only had those with an outside khazi?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674

tlw1 said:

Good thing I didn't mention that it was 150km round trip on a nice day in the convertible with the roof down?

You iz really pushin' youz luck. Temps here have gone back sub zero, in the middle of the day. Wasn't 2021 supposed to be a better year than last?

Day spectating fence work, not allowed to assist due to eye embargo. Time to watch Tour de Provence.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145
    Happy birthday everyone.

Been out in the cold all morning, but was quite nice really with multiple layers on and the sun shining. Was going to wash the salt off the car on the way back but the jet wash place was shut, probably to stop the place turning into an ice rink.

Need to try and do some tangible work this afternoon.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,530
    orraloon said:

tlw1 said:

Wasn't 2021 supposed to be a better year than last?
    on average expect each year to be worse than the last one, that way you won't be disappointed...

global warming -> more energy in the system -> more extreme and unpredictable weather

as the jet stream weaves ever more violently, the uk gets the full effect, need to tow it south about 2-3 thousand kilometres, it'd be quite good then (if a bit droughty, but some people are never happy)

day so far: stroll, webex, bit of wfh, cheese-based lunch, may need to slow down :smiley:
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MattFalle

hole in your back?

you want to see your doctor, dude.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    No birthday nor anniversary for me and no excuse for me to be spoiled.

But best wishes to those that do have a night of pampering in store.
  • MattFalle
    edited February 2021
    Just been zwifting now listening to Katy Perry and drinking cold beer.
  • MattFalle said:

hole in your back?

you want to see your doctor, dude.
    He’s the bar steward who made the damned hole in the first place.

Had a small bit removed for skin cancer pathology check.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    That's what sunshine do for ya. Tell you what, send some of your excess UV to these parts. Was bitterly cold here today, very briefly above zero early on but straight back negative for most of the day and heading on down...
  • gits
  • orraloon said:

That's what sunshine do for ya. Tell you what, send some of your excess UV to these parts. Was bitterly cold here today, very briefly above zero early on but straight back negative for most of the day and heading on down...

I can’t claim too much surprise if I end up with some. Spent the last 40+ summers running about with pretty much nothing on, serious beach bum all my life so will see.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,329

pinno said:

Insurance, meh.
    When I finished the refurb of PPP, I took out insurance for 2 freezers, built in cooker, dishwasher, fridge, extractor, washing machine, tumble dryer on an amazing deal...
    £52 per month DD. 3 months later I cancelled it.

So, I have done the maths (nothing has broken down or needed to be replaced in the months since moving in).
    The total costs of premiums far exceeds any single item's replacement value.

If that was such an amazing deal (at the time) how much does your annual house insurance come to? I'd need to be winning the lotto
    £224 pa, IIRC. Home and contents.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Happy birthday you pair of old gits from another old git.

Same age as you now Oxo...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Happy birthday older peoples, hope you managed to enjoy the day in some small way at least
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    I’m afraid you are all correct, another year older , another year dafter
  • Stevo_666
    Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional :)