WTD Sora shifter - rightside

Hi All,
Right side Sora shifter wanted.
Ive got a Decathlon Triban 520 winter bike that wont index properly.
Ive changed the rear derailleur to a 105 as there was excessive play at the D to Hanger.
New inner and outer cables replaced.
It still wont index.
Only thing I can think of is the right hand shifter is pooped.

Anyone got a Sora shifter, its the older type with the gear cable coming out on the inside of the shifter.
Regards.
Tony.

Comments

• mully79
    mully79 Posts: 904
    ive just bought an old bike with RX100 shifters. The rear shifter was jammed in the biggest cog position.
    I stripped it and unjammed the pawls only to fit the cable back in when it was in a similar position. The cable end then sat behind the mechanism so it didnt shift at all. Had to restrip it to work that out :(
  • PMark
    PMark Posts: 159
    tonysj said:

Hi All,
    Ive changed the rear derailleur to a 105 as there was excessive play at the D to Hanger.
    It still wont index.

Anyone got a Sora shifter, its the older type with the gear cable coming out on the inside of the shifter.
    Regards.
    Tony.

What model 105 rear derailleur do you have? If it is one of the new ones, those are 11 speed so won’t be compatible. You need a 9 speed rear derailleur (can be a mountain bike or road one).
  • tonysj
    tonysj Posts: 391

tonysj said:

Hi All,
    It still wont index.

Regards.
    Tony.

What model 105 rear derailleur do you have? If it is one of the new ones, those are 11 speed so won’t be compatible. You need a 9 speed rear derailleur (can be a mountain bike or road one).
    Hi, Its an older rear derailleur but was told it should be fine as it was the throw of the shifter that controls the RD movement. I could be wrong though..