Sonder Broken Road

First Ti bike and first 29er MTB. So far so good. It’s really nice to ride and the Ti certainly takes some of the sting out of trail riding.
This is intended to be my do-most-of-it bike and will hopefully see a good few miles bike packing in the summer when (if) lockdown eases.
Got to say that Sonder/Alpkit were great to deal with. Answered all my queries, offered good advice and let me customise the bike as much as I wanted/could afford.

“Life has been unfaithful
And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009

Comments

• That looks *really* nice...

I had Ti 29'er very similar, hardtail and just a lovely thing. Sold it because I also have two really nice carbon HT's, but now wish I'd kept it.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,169
    Sweet looking ride and thanks for the pics. That trail section in the second to last pic looks FUN!
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    edited February 2022
    A year later and the Broken Road is definitely my favourite bike. It really is a do it all machine and I have had some great rides on it.
    I have made a few upgrades, more out of want than need - Hope Fortus 30 wheels, Hope stem, Absolute Black oval chain ring and Spank Vibocore bars.

“Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • tonysj
    tonysj Posts: 391
    Great looking bike. I recently visited the Alpkit/Sonder store in Hathersage to view the Camino. They had a Ti Camino on display. It looked absolutely fantastic 👍